Best looking Corolla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until now with the "NEW" 2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan, the Corolla was kind of a, Ahh, Mhh looking car compared to its competition. But this new '20 sedan looks pretty good IMO.

However, here is a Lexus from ~2010 that could have been...key words, "could have been", the best looking Corolla, had Toyota chosen to take this body style from the Lexus lineup. And this car was the Lexus HS 250h. None of the reviews that I saw/read make any comparison to the Corolla but, to the Prius & Camry and the European Avensis. To my eyes, it's a Corolla looking body or could have been regardless of what others have to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bxiyutI-1Y

When I first saw the HS 250h on the road(~2010-11), I couldn't believe the car had an "L" & Lexus nameplate on the F&R of the car. I thought it was a good looking Corolla that I was approaching at a red light. Then I noticed the nameplate. And was thinking to myself that this body style would have made a great looking Corolla.

I've seen this HS 250h next to a 2014-'19 Corolla(or other Corolla gens) and they're really close in size more so than Camry size though it had a Camry hybrid drivetrain.

Anyone own one?

CB

Last edited:
So you want it to be a Corolla but it's a Camry.
I'm not quite sure how you change this...

And btw, I think it looks good too.

I liked the traditional "3 box" look. 2002 with the extra little lump for a separate high beam in the headlight (that the prizm didn't get) was the peak for appearance.

After that, they went all "Pontiac Grand Am" with ground effects trying to make the thing look bigger.

Imp4 Yes, I realize what you're saying and that it's the European Camry on an Avensis chassis and ya can't change the facts.

However IMO only, it is more North American Corolla sized and very similar looking to our Corolla. ATMOF again IMO, seeing the 2010ish HS250h next to a '14-'17ish Corolla, this is where I really saw the similarities. And the HS looks nothing like our Camry(even in 2010).

Even when seeing the two(HS250h/Corolla) parked side-by-side. So much in fact that I mistook the HS 250h for our Corolla and thinking that Toyota had done a mid cycle refresh on the Corolla.

Last edited:
This one

[Linked Image]

I vote for the 1988 era GT-S Corolla. It was a blast to drive with an MT and redline close to 8000 rpm. I loved tooling around the roads in upper Michigan with a hot babe (now my wife - her car too!) with the sunroof open and radio blasting.

I agree but it looks too much like a Lexus Prius. They need people to buy Lexus cars and I think their more angular styling helps differentiate the two.

Toyotas, Hondas and Mazdas all look the same to me now. In the past they were more distinct, now they all share the same goofy styling.

Originally Posted by Finn
Best looking Corolla?

Easy.

[Linked Image]

I don't like the aesthetics of the fender mounted, JDM mirrors, but yeah, they 'got it right' on that one, especially when modded with the wheel/tire upgrades the enthusiasts do to them.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by talest
This one

[Linked Image]

Toyota did go through a period in which they made some very attractive cars in a very unique idiom.
There was one really nice generation of Celica, for example which was even RWD and the early big Lexus looked like someone applied a good eye to the look of the big Benz and BMW cars of the time while the early Lexus coupe was just flat gorgeous.
Fortunately, they fixed this before we got used to the idea of good looking Toyotas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back