Best Easily Available Oil To Replace Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mark888
Originally Posted By: Cooper
Long story short. I have had some rude folks at the warehouse. They put texting and cell phone calls in front of the customer. I don't have any problems with my dealer. Just always have issues when picking up at the warehouse. It is making me think it is just more convenient to pick up some Mobil 1 from AA, AZ, or WM.

It seems hard to beat M1 0W-30 at Walmart for $22.00 in a 5 quart container. Should go 10K miles, but you could also use 5W-30 EP for $26.00 which is guaranteed for 15K miles.

If you go with 0W-30 or 0W-20 AFE products, there is $10 rebate available right now (2 per household) at this website:
http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/MotorO...Conditions.aspx

ditto!!!!!!

Just what I purchased.

Long story short. I have had some rude folks at the warehouse. They put texting and cell phone calls in front of the customer.

That is Bull........It is the manager who is the one that is allowing this. Amsoil should know about this.
This hurts the company. I would complain to corporate if it was me.......

One quick call to Amsoil customer service should be about all you need. I've gone BACK to using Mobil products simply because they're easier to get, even though I prefer Amsoil over Mobil. Once you add shipping and a PC account every year, Amsoil starts to lose a bit of its luster, IMHO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: John_K

I went through the line at some store a while back, and the cashier was actually yacking on the cell phone while ringing people up. Customer service in this country is in a sad state.

John

On the flipside, it really hacks me off to see customers checking out at a store and yakking on their phone, rather than giving the cashier even 1/100th of their attention. True, there may not be any information that has to flow between customer and cashier, but I for one don't like to treat cashiers as if they don't exist. Or see other people do it. End rant...

John [/quote]

On the flipside, it really hacks me off to see customers checking out at a store and yakking on their phone, rather than giving the cashier even 1/100th of their attention. True, there may not be any information that has to flow between customer and cashier, but I for one don't like to treat cashiers as if they don't exist. Or see other people do it. End rant...

[/quote]

My sister does this while I am on the phone sometimes. I agree it's rude...........

I do realize I have been somewhat discouraged with Amsoil products over one employee at the warehouse. Even though it was a frustrating situation in my opinion, I have decided to re-up my preferred membership with Amsoil. I really can't justify not purchasing their products. They are too good of products to not purchase just because of one bad experience, no matter how frustrating. I guess I just needed to vent about it, and it is not worth it to not use Amsoil products.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it - but I would speak with or email the warehouse supervisor about the issue. They have to know about this. If you get some/same 'tude from this person, well I can gaaaaaaruantee....Amsoil HQ will take some action.

You didn't miss it. I haven't said anything to anyone yet. I will make sure to take it up with the warehouse supervisor the next time I am in the warehouse if I have a problem. It has been a couple weeks now since I was in there. If I were to bring it up now, nobody would no what I was talking about, and I would look like an idiot.

in the year I was a PC w/ them, I never had any issues (no wait, one early order was missing some stuff, but a phone call fixed it right up). thing is, I let my membership lapse because w/ buying cases of stuff I have enough to last 2 years.

people expect a lot. we expect excellent customer service. we expect low prices. we expect quick and timely service. we expect convenience. we expect everyone else to take our concerns seriously. we expect our drive up order to be correct. we expect the subway to have plenty of red onions at the end of the day.
unfortunately, we can't always get what we want.

Originally Posted By: mpvue
people expect a lot. we expect excellent customer service. we expect low prices. we expect quick and timely service. we expect convenience. we expect everyone else to take our concerns seriously. we expect our drive up order to be correct. we expect the subway to have plenty of red onions at the end of the day.

Even though I do believe that ^^this^^ is somewhat trolling. I respectfully disagree.

1. I expect customer service. If a company doesn't give good customer service, there is always someone trying to acquire their business and will give you good customer service. I choose to give my money to a company who treats me with good customer service.

2. I do expect to pay the lowest possible price. If there are multiple options for the same product at different prices, I will always go with the lower price. As long as they meet the criteria in #1.

3. I do expect quick and timely service. Slow and un-timely service reflects good customer service as well. Not to say everything has to be extremely fast, but please make it as fast as possible. It is better for the company profits and the consumer. I don't want to wait all day for something that could take a few minutes.

4. I do expect things to be convenient. If I have two choices, one is convenient and the other isn't, which do I choose? Hmmm, tough decision.

5. I do expect a company to take my concerns seriously. If I am going to pay for a product or service and I have a concern, I want that company to listen to that concern. How else do companies improve products, customer service issues, etc., if we, as consumers were not able to give feedback on these things?

6. Yes, I expect to get my drive-up order correct. This is just crazy. If I order a cheeseburger at McD's and they don't have one ready, so they just give me a fish sandwich....is this even something you actually want to argue?

7. Red onions on subway......I just realized what kind of person I am talking to....coo coo. Sometimes food places run out of things...obviously not a big deal.

Last edited:
I only ever had problems one time with the warehouse workers and it was taken care of after talking to the manager. The more I thought about it on the way home the madder I got. I gave her a call and it must have been taken care of because the next trip the guys were over helpful. Amsoil has always been great with customer satifaction and service.
The one I have trouble with is a local Schaeffers dealer. He is always bad mouthing every other oil especially Amsoil. He runs around with his little one arm bandit and egg beaters doing his unapproved testing. Also, have a problem with a company that has no suggestive list prices.

Originally Posted By: mpvue

Even though I do believe that ^^this^^ is somewhat trolling. I respectfully disagree.

1. I expect customer service. If a company doesn't give good customer service, there is always someone trying to acquire their business and will give you good customer service. I choose to give my money to a company who treats me with good customer service.

2. I do expect to pay the lowest possible price. If there are multiple options for the same product at different prices, I will always go with the lower price. As long as they meet the criteria in #1.

3. I do expect quick and timely service. Slow and un-timely service reflects good customer service as well. Not to say everything has to be extremely fast, but please make it as fast as possible. It is better for the company profits and the consumer. I don't want to wait all day for something that could take a few minutes.

4. I do expect things to be convenient. If I have two choices, one is convenient and the other isn't, which do I choose? Hmmm, tough decision.

5. I do expect a company to take my concerns seriously. If I am going to pay for a product or service and I have a concern, I want that company to listen to that concern. How else do companies improve products, customer service issues, etc., if we, as consumers were not able to give feedback on these things?

6. Yes, I expect to get my drive-up order correct. This is just crazy. If I order a cheeseburger at McD's and they don't have one ready, so they just give me a fish sandwich....is this even something you actually want to argue?

7. Red onions on subway......I just realized what kind of person I am talking to....coo coo. Sometimes food places run out of things...obviously not a big deal.

dude, that was NOT trolling; I was just making an observation that we can't always get what we want, whether it is small things (red onions is just an example) or our order is incorrect.
I never said you shouldn't expect those things, I just stated we DO expcet a lot.
I wasn't 'aruging', just saying that yes, we do expect our order to be correct, but it isn't always going to be.
I also don't see how a retailer can offer lowest price and best service. that's not sustainable; no matter how good a place is, as soon as a cheaper place opens up, the customers flock over there. how do they do it cheaper? they skimp on something else, usually service.
I've been in customer service, I know both sides. I know you can't have everything all the time.

I have used M1 oils for 31 years and have never had an engine that wasn't very clean and long lived. Like 200-300,000 miles and up. At presant my 07 Focus is on M1 5-30 at 8500 miles,but will cahange it out soon for 5-30EP. I go 9-12,000 mile OCIs.

I had a very minor quibble with AMSOIL the other day, and it's funny how quickly I react with "maybe I should switch oils". I realized how foolish that reaction was though.

Basically, a long-time member of a Honda Civic forum was advocating members use AMSOIL's Racing Dominator 5w20 oil in 2006+ Civic SI's as the "best" daily driver oil for those seeking maximum HP and engine protection for high rpm operation

Based upon his link to AMSOIL's website description of that oil, I respectfully disagreed. AMSOIL listed it as meant for extreme racing applications (i.e. shock loading, alcohol injected engines, high rpm racing, etc.), and didn't even list the TBN for the oil. Which is a bit unusual for AMSOIL.

The forum member apparently contacted an AMSOIL rep with either a summary of what I said, or a cut and paste of what I said.

The AMSOIL rep gave a good response starting with, "I have spoken with Alan Amatuzio, Executive Vice President of AMSOIL Inc., about this very topic."

and then ended with "P.S. Don't allow yourself to be put down by someone who hasn't the faintest idea what the [censored] he's talking about. "

I thought to myself, "Well that was a pretty unnecessary addition dealing with someone who he hasn't reacted with directly"

But I still believe in AMSOIL products and overall customer service. It's only when you try to deal with an issue and a vendor doesn't respond, that's when I personally move to switch.

Just my .02

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back