Best Deal On Oil...Your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another data-point.

About 2K miles ago, I was running Chevron Delo 400 15w-40 in our Mercedes C36 which has an "aggressive" valve-train.

Cold, warm, or hot, you can "hear" the cams when the oil was new and with 2K miles on it.

Changed out to German Castrol Syntec two days ago and 100-miles later, all is quiet.

Even on a regular diet of Mobil 1 15w-50 (before the Delo 400), it wasn't this quiet.

Let's hope it lasts . . .

Next time Schaeffers . . .

:) neil

They don't want price sheets out for display. Those prices they show on their web site is a small portion of some of the more popular products that people can buy. The thing of it is, you need to want it bad to pay their suggested retail of which they are displaying. They don't want people to buy direct so much as they want to have you buy from a direct distributor. Thats why the prices are two times what they are from most some distributors and or retailers.

That's why they don't advertise prices.

I know...holy old thread Batman:)
I have really been diving into and researching the HDEO dino oils as of late.....originally I was after the cleaning aspects...however I have found much more positive aspects.....UOA's/Race Forums etc...my conclusion is....these oils are outstanding value for gasoline engines that can run 10-30 or 15-40 viscosity.....anybody running HDEO dino oils in their gas engines? EDIT: Just posted this up and dadgum if there isnt a HDEO thread right below this one.....

[ October 23, 2005, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: sgtgeek ]

I love the increased add pack in the HDEOs and the trucking industry has proven to me (Doug Hillary posts) that these oils protect great and can go long distances. I like the following:

Mineral Oil: Rotella

Synthetic: Del Vac(I run Mobile 1 T&SUV in my gas truck) The M1 T7SUV is reportedly re-badged Del Vac.

I used Pennzoil Long Life 15w-40 in my VW several times with good results. However at the time 15w-40 was not as easy to come by as it is now and Pennzoil was my only choice without driving to the interstate and hitting a truck stop:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back