Best Conventional Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
Havoline.

+1 Havoline.
wink.gif
but the Texaco version was packed with Moly. QS is a pick too. Both can be found easily without "specials" or MIR for sub $3 for individual quarts and sub $14 for jugs. So those would be my choice.

M5K good but I don't care for sodium-included add-pack. Was a better deal but the price has jumped again in my area.
PYB is great but is often similar to other lower-end Syns so less of a bargain. Every so often you can find it for sub-$3/qt
Warren Dist (SuperTech, Travellers, etc). For the price, good oil.

Brand doesn't matter. Even the store brands are made by one of the brand name companies. Look to make sure it meets or exceeds the standards...I've been running the cheapest oil I can find in my vehicles for years with 6K OCIs and my engines last a long time...my vehicles last anywhere from 10 to 20 years and 300K or more...

Originally Posted By: HangFire
LOL the polls closed at 01/13/15 08:43 PM but the votes keep rolling in a day later. It's like Chicago, November 9th, 1960.

^^^ This is funny (and true)!

ROTFLMAO

Hi OSUFan86, we would recommend our Pennzoil 5W-30 Conventional motor oil for your friend’s 2004 Chevy Avalanche. Specifically, it meets or exceeds the engine protection required by ILSAC GF-5, and is specially formulated to provide extra protection against the harmful effects of stop-and-go driving and high and low-temperature engine operation. As far as the oil drain interval goes, we would recommend that your friend follow the ODI directions contained in his Avalanche’s Owner’s Manual. - The Pennzoil Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back