Best Brake - paste lubricant

Ndx

Hi Friends,

What is best lube for breaks, back pad, sliders, pads ears.

I have some 3M silicone… but reading around here Silicone/Moly based product is recommended.

Molykote M-77 I can’t source it in small container…

I can get CRC stuff but that’s 3% Moly

I have some Permatex purple/blue but apparently that is no no do to issues with rubber boots

Thank you

3M Silicone is highly recommended at BITOG for the caliper pins that are enclosed with accordian-like rubber bushings. Mission silicone has a fan base here also.

Molykote M-77 is highly recommended at BITOG for the metal-to-metal, exposed to the environment brake components.

Honda Molykote M-77 is available in small tubes for under $20. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=honda+moly+m77+paste

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Or, you can figure out which one to choose from the next dozens & dozens of posts stating "I use this" on my brakes. Many, many, many threads here on this subject.

No such thing as "best". All you'll get are people's opinions. Use what you have or go to the auto parts store and pick a name-brand product spec'd for brake work.

I use pastelub(40+% solids lube.) on everything except where the caliper pins have the rubber dust covers I use sil-glyde.

1 can of pastelub is lifetime for me.

I have used sil-glyde, now i use Mission silicone grease.
IMG_20210106_215818647.jpg

I use pastelub(40+% solids lube.) on everything except where the caliper pins have the rubber dust covers I use sil-glyde.

1 can of pastelub is lifetime for me.
Hey Rand, on my most recent delivery of Pastelub, the formula has changed. It's a different color and consistency - very stringy/sticky. This concerns me. Time will tell.

Hey Rand, on my most recent delivery of Pastelub, the formula has changed. It's a different color and consistency - very stringy/sticky. This concerns me. Time will tell.
have you emailed them about it? maybe they would replace it?

Are you using it on 7 series with floating calipers? Those are ATE calipers. Sliding pins should be only cleaned thoroughly not lubricated.
Yup, and thx I did see this in TIS but super think layer should not hurt anything

Back