Best air filter for 96 Camaro SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I just purchased a 96 Camaro SS, and was wondering what air filter is best for this car. K&N has no air filter for this car, so I'm looking for some advice, and hopefully some experiences. Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:
I would stick with AC delco.......or perhaps wix.

I agree, AC Delco is good, and Fram also makes a good air filter too.

Are you sure there is no K&N air filter for it though? (not that I'd recommend using one) There are a lot of 96-97 Camaro SSs in my car club and I'm pretty sure most of them run K&N air filters.

I just run the stock AC Delco air filter in my 95 LT1 Firebird.

According to K&N, the filter being used for these cars is for a Jeep. They apparently cause problems to most SS camaros who use it.

I'm a Wix/Napa Gold filter guy myself. Probably won't run another K&N filter - But that dosen't mean they are bad.
smile.gif

I tried a Fram Airhog #3901 and it fits tightly in the factory airbox.
Ditto on the K&N Durango airfilter. It does not seal well enough in my experience. I was getting very high SI in my oil analysis w/ one and I used additional gasket sealing material.
rolleyes.gif
My current modded LT1, needs more air (486 h.p.)than what I can flow thru the factory SS airfilter/airfilter box. I use a custom semi-CAI that gets me the air I need. I use an AFE cone filter in that set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back