Ford Edge Air filter

Since I have owned it in 2015, I have used nothing but Motorcraft and Wix, I remember seeing a post here a few months back, about Wix Air filters going downhill, ungluing from the seam, cheapened pleats etc... has anyone experience this, seen this for themselves? Maybe I just need to stick with Motorcraft?

look into the purolator air filters, they seem to be heavy duty and normally thicker than OEM’s in my use cases. otherwise i’m a carquest premium guy for anything requiring budget.

I have a NAPA Gold/WIX in my F-150. It looked really good when I installed it. In fact, it is much deeper than the OEM filter that it replaced. It was installed 8,000 miles back.

ORiely was out of Wix for my daughter’s Edge at my last filter change so i bought a Microguard. It looked very well made and as good as the wix it replaced. I will check it at 10k mikes and make sure there is no dust on the clean side of the air box. If all is well I may start using more Microguards.

Since I have owned it in 2015, I have used nothing but Motorcraft and Wix, I remember seeing a post here a few months back, about Wix Air filters going downhill, ungluing from the seam, cheapened pleats etc... has anyone experience this, seen this for themselves? Maybe I just need to stick with Motorcraft?
I tried to use a Wix in my daughter's 2013 Edge. The construction of the Wix seemed fine, but the gasket was too large and the airbox wouldn't close. I went with a Migroguard and it fit perfectly. Going forward with this vehicle I will probably stay with Microguard unless I see a reason not to.

Yes, I just went to replace my engine air filter on my 3.6L Wrangler and WIX 49018, which used to be a high quality single rubber unit is now a cheaper media with press on rubber seal.

Original:
E35DD08F-CAB6-43FF-9A8C-43B8AB77D375.jpeg

New:

926ADBDA-EC89-4BE3-92FD-A96B41DA7EEA.jpg

Luckily, PUROLATOR still produces the high quality version.

FA97B4ED-91EB-4B3C-A3E4-2B06E8C0C08F.jpeg

When I had Fords I only bought Motorcraft. The prices were reasonable and my dealer always had them in stock. I previously had a 2014 Edge and a 2017 F150.

I don't think there's anything to gain by buying one paper element filter over another other than quality like you mention. Having a Ford dealer to supply parts makes it easy to get a warranty replacement if for whatever reason the Motorcraft part failed.

When I had Fords I only bought Motorcraft. The prices were reasonable and my dealer always had them in stock. I previously had a 2014 Edge and a 2017 F150.

I don't think there's anything to gain by buying one paper element filter over another other than quality like you mention. Having a Ford dealer to supply parts makes it easy to get a warranty replacement if for whatever reason the Motorcraft part failed.
That's all I'm going to do is just get a Motorcraft one..

That's all I'm going to do is just get a Motorcraft one..
I never had a backorder on one which just makes it easy. I don't think there's a more common vehicle Ford stock parts for than the F150 and the Edge. I'm so used to being screwed price wise by the dealer when it came to basic parts and I never had that experience from my Ford dealer. My only issues I ever had was on more technical repairs.

Back