Best 6.7 Powerstroke Oil

I have a 2019 f250. Looking for oil recommendations for the beet protection possible. I know this is a loaded question. I have ran Driven DP40(5w-40), and currently running PB 5-40. Truck is not a daily driver. Truck is deleted. I have also heard good things about hot shots Blue diamond oil. Just looking for opinions/recommendations as I want to run the absolute best protecting oil possible, because I’m particular like that lol. Thanks!

I cannot say what CK-4 out there is the best. But whatever CK-4 you use should be on the Ford approved PSD list. I am still finishing up my supply of 5W40 CJ-4. I have some Valvoline synthetic 5W40 CK-4 for my next oil change.

Bypass filter is also a consideration.

I cannot say what CK-4 out there is the best. But whatever CK-4 you use should be on the Ford approved PSD list.
The truck is deleted.
Gives Ford reason to deny any warranty on the engine, oil related or not.
IMO, run whatever oil you want as warranty is done.

I recall being at the Ford 6.0L launch and speaking directly to Ford engineers. Topic of tuning came up. They said they buy every tuner out there, run engine to failure and documents results. Sole purpose of doing that was was to be able to deny warranty.

Save some money and just get whichever 5w40 is on sale (Rotella T6 or VPBE), change it ever 10k-15k or base your changes on used oil analysis results.

The truck is deleted.
Gives Ford reason to deny any warranty on the engine, oil related or not.
IMO, run whatever oil you want as warranty is done.

I recall being at the Ford 6.0L launch and speaking directly to Ford engineers. Topic of tuning came up. They said they buy every tuner out there, run engine to failure and documents results. Sole purpose of doing that was was to be able to deny warranty.
Trust me, they didn't need tuners to run early 6.0 PSDs to failure! Dealer said when they did the head gaskets, EGR cooler & related parts on my '04 E-350 6.0 PSD the bill to Ford was over $8500-and they wanted to charge the company more!
Work van carnage.jpg

Trust me, they didn't need tuners to run early 6.0 PSDs to failure! Dealer said when they did the head gaskets, EGR cooler & related parts on my '04 E-350 6.0 PSD the bill to Ford was over $8500-and they wanted to charge the company more!
I had about 200 6.0L PoS in my fleet. I do understand the pain in running them.
Worked to get my fleet converted to the Ford E350 and the 5.4L.
Repair costs per mile dropped in half. Fuel cost went up at the most 10%.

Are people who do the "deletes" keeping all the parts in a box? I think the EPA will do something to force all factory installed emissions stuff to stay installed.
Its defiantly a good idea to keep all of your deleted parts, but their is no one enforcing or checking for deleted pickups besides when its time to get a state inspection if your state requires it or an emission sticker. There are so many diesel pickups on the road it would be almost impossible to keep checking them. A lot of guys are deleting their big trucks and just staying away from the weight stations that do check with sniffers. If you have someone that will give you an inspection sticker or pass you your good.

Fortunately, no emissions testing on light diesels in Texas. $7, 5 minutes, and you are done! I just had my deleted truck inspected and the guy didn't even lift the hood.

Its defiantly a good idea to keep all of your deleted parts, but their is no one enforcing or checking for deleted pickups besides when its time to get a state inspection if your state requires it or an emission sticker. There are so many diesel pickups on the road it would be almost impossible to keep checking them. A lot of guys are deleting their big trucks and just staying away from the weight stations that do check with sniffers. If you have someone that will give you an inspection sticker or pass you your good.
I have a feeling that the gov is working on a way to catch these deleted trucks. On one of my last trips I saw workers standing in the inspection lane and looking at the trucks as they went through the weigh station. Don't know what they were looking for but it was unusual to see. I'm pretty sure it was VA, but I have been in so many states the last week I could be wrong. It was really slowing things down, the trucks were getting stacked up.

As for the oil in a 6.7 I think VPB does great in mine, but I am not deleted.

I have a 2019 f250. Looking for oil recommendations for the beet protection possible. I know this is a loaded question. I have ran Driven DP40(5w-40), and currently running PB 5-40. Truck is not a daily driver. Truck is deleted. I have also heard good things about hot shots Blue diamond oil. Just looking for opinions/recommendations as I want to run the absolute best protecting oil possible, because I’m particular like that lol. Thanks!
I run Mobil Delvac 15W40 in my Cummins Ram 2500. I think it has the best value for the dollar when I factor in the rebates. I started with Delvac ESP 5W40 but it sheared more than I wanted. Since running 15W40 that problem has been solved.

Just my $0.02

I had about 200 6.0L PoS in my fleet. I do understand the pain in running them.
Worked to get my fleet converted to the Ford E350 and the 5.4L.
Repair costs per mile dropped in half. Fuel cost went up at the most 10%.
Funny thing was I was in the market for a diesel pickup when they bought the '04 PSD vans, they had been running 7.3 PSD ones ('02s & '03s) and I warned the purchasing manager to STAY AWAY from the 6.0 ones, because the issues in the '03 F-Series (that got the 6.0 first) were all over the internet then. They bought them anyway, no wonder the guy is no longer in the company. I bought an '02 Ram 2500 QCLB Cummins HO 6 spd. 4X4 instead of a junk Ford.

Are people who do the "deletes" keeping all the parts in a box? I think the EPA will do something to force all factory installed emissions stuff to stay installed.
I always wondered this. I know personally when I put on a hitch or something where a dust/splash shield has to be removed I always put it in the garage to be re-installed when it’s time for sale and it always disappears into the abyss never to be seen again. I had a friend with a modded M3 (his car was legal just aftermarket suspension I believe) I asked him if kept parts and he said he did but quickly lost all the little things needed to be returned to stock and accepted that modding is just going to tank resale on the car.

I always wondered this. I know personally when I put on a hitch or something where a dust/splash shield has to be removed I always put it in the garage to be re-installed when it’s time for sale and it always disappears into the abyss never to be seen again. I had a friend with a modded M3 (his car was legal just aftermarket suspension I believe) I asked him if kept parts and he said he did but quickly lost all the little things needed to be returned to stock and accepted that modding is just going to tank resale on the car.
It makes sense to keep the parts. Many dealers/car lots will not accept trades of trucks that are deleted because they can not legally resell them.
Private sales of course don't matter.

If it were mine and cost didn’t matter I’d run HPL HP 5w-40. Especially since it’s deleted. It is based on the super robust CI4+ chemistry from back before they started whittling away the AW package in most HDEOs to protect emissions equipment. I’m not sure there’s a more robust oil on the market at any price, it’ll handle long drain intervals, and it’s from a small company that’s obsessed with quality. Many will argue that it is overkill, but you said you wanted the best. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rotella T6 or Amsoil I have run UOA on both after 6,000 and It comes back good plenty of TBN left they say to run it 8,000 and do another but should easily make 10,000. 6,000 is fine with me though.

We’ve used primarily T6 5w40, and occasionally T5 10w30, in both our 2012 and 2020 Ford 6.7’s. No problem with either one and both trucks are changed when the OLM triggers. Neither have been deleted.

Back