Best <$100 4 season tire for Honda Accord??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need new tires for my 05 4 cyl Accord and would appreciate some advice from you guys.

The car currently has Kumho Solus HP4 tires and after 68K Miles, they are still well within legal limits, but not up to snuff for winter driving.

I really like the Kumho's - they cost me $390 in 2007, installed. Handling is not bad and they have been surprisingly good in wet and light snow (I just don't leave home in any significant amount of snow). Living in the North West, performance on wet roads is probably the most important factor.

I would not mind getting the Kumho's again, but it appears that particular model (HP4) is no longer available, and I don't know if what they have replaced it with is better or worse.

I prefer not to pay more than $100 per tire. (205/65R15).

What say you?

Yokohama Avid Touring S are excellent. They're on the MPV and noise has gotten down and they're handle very well.

If it helps, the BFG Advantage t/a's are way better than the Bridgstone EL41's (I hope that's the right model) that came stock on my Accord, and I was out the door under 400 bucks after a 60 dollar rebate. Traction in the wet/snow isn't amazing, but better than the original tire.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Pirelli P4s get my vote. After reading BIU's thread about them I put a set on the wifey's 06 Corolla. OTD it was $425 at Discount Tire.

Are you able to provide the link for that thread?

Originally Posted By: sr17
Originally Posted By: hate2work

Pirelli P4s get my vote. After reading BIU's thread about them I put a set on the wifey's 06 Corolla. OTD it was $425 at Discount Tire.

Are you able to provide the link for that thread?

Of course
smile.gif

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1367994&page=1

I had my GF get a set of P4's for her Civic and they have done very well so far. I can't comment on winter driving because they have only been on since spring but in the wet and dry they are great. For the price they are great but I would also look at Michelin right now, with there rebate going on and the deals that will happen on Black Friday you might be able to get a good set of Michelin's for an amazing price.

I'm running Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread Tourings in the 205/65R15 size on my 02 Honda Accord V6. It's a good handling tire with a smooth highway ride. A little more road noise than the Michelin Primacy but less noise than the Michelin Destiny/Harmony. Better gas mileage than the Michelins. The most smooth,comfortable,quiet,tire I have run was the,garden variety,Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread but it does not handle as quickly as the other tires,it cost me 5-8% mpg and does not last as long as the other tires.......but,it was Nice. Buy from a dealer that offers free rotations and keep up with the required rotations. You then get a proration on the next set of tires you buy,if the tire does not last the warranty period/miles.

FZ1Buy from a dealer that offers free rotations and keep up with the required rotations. You then get a proration on the next set of tires you buy said:
Who do you consider the best to buy from - I am in BC but looking to buy in WA State. Last time I bought from Discount Tire and have been happy with their service. However, I am not very familiar with what other good options there might be in WA State.

General Altimax HP should run well under $100 in that size, although I don't think you would get 60-70k out of them.

Seeing you are from 51st State. I went on 1010tires. I would choose these in this order.

1. Yokohama ENVigor $105.99
2. Toyo Versado $105.99
3. Kumho Solus K21 $79.99
4. General Altimax HP $84.99

Michelin Primacy.
Good all around on my '99 Accord, good grip, good in snow, long wearing, quiet and smooth riding.
Also, if the $70.00 rebate on four is still available, a good deal.

51st State - good one
grin.gif

1010tires, is that another Tirerack?
I fail to see why I want to mail order tires. I want them mounted on the car, not in the trunk.
Is there really an advantage to this strategy by the time the tires are installed and balanced by a 3rd party?? say compared to Discount Tire?
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
Seeing you are from 51st State. I went on 1010tires. I would choose these in this order.

1. Yokohama ENVigor $105.99
2. Toyo Versado $105.99
3. Kumho Solus K21 $79.99
4. General Altimax HP $84.99

1010tires is the Canadian style Tirerack. I was just checking what you could get for under $100 Canadain. If you are going to buy the tires in Washington. Then the Bellingham Discount Tire has these in stock that I would choose.

1. Bridgestone RE960 $94.00 40,000 mile warranty (old design)
2. Pirelli P4 $102.00 85,000 mile warranty
3. Kumho Solus KR21 $104.00 85,000 mile warranty

You could probably get the Pirelli's P4 for around $85-95 per tire. Tell them that Discount Tire direct dot com has them $85.00 a piece and free shipping to your "friends" house in Washinton.
banana2.gif

What is the difference between Pirelli P4 and P6. Discount Tire has the P6 for what seems to be a very good price, and claims it is an all new design used oem by the German luxury brands?

The P6 came out in 2003. The P4 is newer and an all around better tire. Being a OEM tire doesn't mean much. The auto manufactures usually go with the lowest bidder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back