Best 0w20 for 2013 GS350 F-sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys.

What's the best oil for the Lexus GS350?

for the last decade, I have been running Mobil 1 full synthetic and also Castrol Edge..

the car calls for 0w20.. should I stay with Mobil 1 or Castrol.. or should i try something different? like Amosoil? Eneos, Royal Purple or Motul?

the main use of my new car is weekend drive with the occasional date night with the lady..

what filter should i be using?

my avg for 6 months of driving is around 3-4k miles.. it could be less..

thanks.

Last edited:
The Titan GT1 is all but impossible to find in the states.
frown.gif

The ENEOS Sustina 0W-20 is also very good, but also near impossible now to find (it's NOT on amazon anymore).

Sparktec Motorsports in Cali has it, IF you are close to them, or don't mind shipping charges.

Originally Posted By: mehullica
TGMO 0w20

Or any ILSAC GF-5 oil. I have a post on the same topic. I'm assuming the Lexus 3.5L has the same requirements as the Toyota.

"best" is probably Mazda branded 0w-20 with 600 ppm of moly. That's over twice the amount of moly anybody else has. They are going for low friction and wear. Also, the VI is over 200, which means it stays thicker when hot too, as VII keeps oil thicker when above 100+ C.

Probably you would never notice any difference with any proper rated oil or filter.

Pennzoil Ultra would be my first choice based on some independent testing I've seen ...

But have to ask, still under warranty? How many miles total? Are you changing yearly, even if you don't make the OLM distance?

the current mileage is in the low 20k's.. and is still under warranty till 2019..

Originally Posted By: sky06
hi guys.

What's the best oil for the Lexus GS350?

...I have been running Mobil 1 full synthetic and also Castrol Edge.

the car calls for 0w20. ...should i try something different?

Stick with what you've been using with a standard OEM comparable oil filter.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Pennzoil Ultra would be my first choice based on some independent testing I've seen ...

Please share...

Originally Posted By: wemay

Please share...

What 'independent testing'? Real engineering tests or just hunches?

Lol, some of the things you say.

"Independent testing"? Please share if you can.

Mobil 1 EP 0w20. A predominately PAO based oil desngied for longer OCI's.

To save a few $$$.....QSUD 0w20 would be a good fit your situation.... with OCI's once a year at between 7500K to 8500K.

As far as a filter....why not get one of the best (Fram Ultra)..... and use it over two OC's. (2 X 7500K = 15,000K).

I have a 2014 GS350, non F-sport. At the 20,000 mile oil change I used M1 EP 0w-20 with a Toyota/Lexus filter. I have 6,000 miles on the oil and have had no issues so far. No noticeable consumption, and fuel economy has been good. No increase in engine noise either.

I intend to run a 10,000 mile OCI, and I plan on getting an oil analysis with TBN and TAN at that time. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back