2013 Lexus GS350 Oil Weight

My Rx 350 has 295 hp and is sluggish off the line too. Push the pedal and nothing happens so you push more it starts to roll and then you push more and all of a sudden it takes off and you're at red line. The 0-60 time is pretty slow too.
Maybe they are trying to save the transmission and of course Lexus image nothing jerky or vulgar.

I don't think 0-60 in the high 5's is slow. But the programming would kill it. See post #13 to chip it on the cheap. An old H.S. friend bought a typical doggy old 90's mustang GT automatic convertible for his wife. It had a hypertech chip a k&n intake and a cat back. This was transformative to the car's personality from a sort of Crown Vic style 4.6L feeling to more a 351W 4V experience. Impressive.

Last edited:
Maybe they are trying to save the transmission and of course Lexus image nothing jerky or vulgar.

I don't think 0-60 in the high 5's is slow. But the programming would kill it. See post #13 to chip it on the cheap. An old H.S. friend bought a typical doggy old 90's mustang GT automatic convertible for his wife. It had a hypertech chip a k&n intake and a cat back. This was transformative to the car's personality from a sort of Crown Vic style 4.6L feeling to more a 351W 4V experience. Impressive.
The 0-60 for my RX 350 is low 7's. It's a combination of a gutless/torqueless engine meets weird engine management tuning.

Just an update. I took everyone's advice here and kinda blended it. 5 quarts of Pennzoil ultra 5w20 and two quarts of Kirkland synthetic 5w30. Hardly the worst thing I can do to this car, I'm sure it will be perfectly happy. It's summer right now so I'm not worried about the 5w cold start. I'm sure this oil will shear down over time anyway plus fuel contamination, so the couple quarts of 30w will give me peace of mind I guess.

I will say though labor prices have gone up. My local Indy that charges me $20 last year is now up to $30. Factor in oil plus filter and I'm at $50 for a change. I know, still reasonable but I'm used to much lower prices. Just a few short years ago I used to pay $10 for labor.

My Rx 350 has 295 hp and is sluggish off the line too. Push the pedal and nothing happens so you push more it starts to roll and then you push more and all of a sudden it takes off and you're at red line. The 0-60 time is pretty slow too.
Because the RX is a heavy vehicle.

That doesn't help but there is still something about the tuning/programing. There is an intentional delay in the throttle response of the engine.
I meant to quote the 0-60 is slow.

The delay you are talking about is something else. It could also be the infamous 8 speed characteristics.

That doesn't help but there is still something about the tuning/programing. There is an intentional delay in the throttle response of the engine.

Electronic gas pedal.

Electronic gas pedal.
pedal commander
I would want a linear throttle response and fix the timing and fueling,the converter lockup and VVTi phasing in the engine map. ESC control will pull throttle and apply ABS as necessary, one would hope, a good chip would program Toyota VSC to be fully off with the button push - if there is a button or a ECU/ECAT 'sport' mode. This way you can snap those nice aluminum wheels into two pieces on the nearest kerb your first time out :)

Surprisingly my little Ford SUV has an over-aggressive sport mode like the programming was lifted right off the Focus RS: anticipated downshifting whilst braking and delayed up-shifting and power tuned fueling. So much so I almost never use it except to show someone how odd in such a vehicle

- Ken

Back