Berryman 12 and Restore (yuch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a high speed miss at light throttle on my 93 dakota 5.2L (intake manifold vacuum leak fixed). 2 treatments of Berryman 12 full cleaner ($6 stuff), 100% gone, easy starting etc.. Good job.. 130K mi

Before I was reading this site, several years ago I put Restore into this truck. I found Restore will also cause the o2 sensor to stick such that the engine will have an error code and go into limp in mode. This will especially true once you get on it. Takes 4-5 oil changes to get rid of this issue. Replacing O2 will not fix it either until all the Restore crud is out.
FYI
Jer

I think that the gasoline that we have here in this area is really bad-my fuel injectors definitely became somewhat plugged up. I don't know how safe Berryman B-12 is, but that stuff cleaned out the fuel injectors fast! If only we had Chevron gasoline in this immediate area. When I was on vacation recently in Arizona I bought Chevron whenever I could. Gasoline in this area starts at 85 octane, rather than 87 light most other places.

Since Berryman B-12 does such a good job with injectors (and it can be used in the oil briefly), I wonder if it could be used to clean out an engine. I have never done that, but I know it works as a fuel injector cleaner. I like Neutra, Fuel Power, and Chevron Techron as fuel system cleaners, but if your injectors are really plugged, Berryman B-12 will work.

Well I have used Restore on 2 different cars...the first was my 78 celica, had just put a crate engine in it and it had less power then my 20R ( this was a 22R) but it should have had more...for those of you in the Seattle area you know the southbound I_5 going to Olympia,up the Nisqually hill. The "new engine could only manage 55 up the hill...put in Restore and 200 miles later it went up that hill at over 75...second car is my wifes dodge colt vist ( junk ) ..put restore in and 3-4 weeks later she told me she seemed to have more power.....this without me telling her I put the restore in...but i have to admit I wouldn't put it in my Altima
smile.gif

I have used B-12 and I'm amazed by how well it works. I ran it through an '85 Dodge pickup about 500 miles before I was going to rebuild the carb, just to see how well it would work. When I took off the carb, every surface that was touched by fuel was clean. Even the bottoms of the throttle blades were shiny, which is amazing on an engine with EGR. I just replaced the needle and seat and the float (which was why I was in there in the first place) and put it back together. I have never seen the inside of a carb cleaner than that one.

i used to use restore...i gained some power...well relativly. but after a while my engine would feel like crap. i decided that additives isnt for me and i bought some auto rx to clean out all the stuff restore left behind.

my 300zx with an auto rx treatment...before it had restore hehe the oil turned into a brownish metallic blue color almost green thanks to auto rx...

just my nonscense....sharing my opinion..

i would like to try berrymans b12.

In have used B-12 in the pint can and the gallon pail since 1991. I have never had a problem with it. Frank has mentioned that it is really hard on seals. I have used a pint or two in my gas every oil change since 1991 and have never had a problem. I have only used it in a crank cse twice. I put a 1/2 pint in my buick and let it idle for 15 minutes and I used a full bottle once in a Corsica. In both cases it removed alot of deposits. It is too strong and hard on seals to be added to crank case regularly. Now that I am aware of gentler items like 131 and AR I doubt that I would ever use B-12 in a crank case. It is great for soaking pistons, valves, egr's........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back