Behr 1 Part Garage Floor Epoxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just recoated my garage floor with Behr 1 step epoxy. I bought three gallons but only used 2. It says in the instructions not to apply more than 2 coats. Is this so the epoxy can dry?

My last floor peeled about 8 years ago and I have been dealing with it. I prepped the floor and this time will wait the entire 7 days before a car tire touches the floor (last time was 24 hours).

Anyways my question is should I add the last gallon to the "high traffic areas" after 72 hours and just wait another week for it to dry? Will this increase the performance of my floor or should I just keep the gallon and possibly do any needed spot touch ups in the spring?

Here are the behr instructions: http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/bc/bc6c811b-9eb6-4eef-964f-6770b95c856a.pdf

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wn1998
should I just keep the gallon and possibly do any needed spot touch ups in the spring?

Just do that. I coated my garage floor with a two part epoxy and a lot of it has worn off. There is no touch up kit for what I bought. One of these years, I'll use the Behr 1 part epoxy.

I wouldn't since it says clearly do not apply more than two coats. What steps did you take for your prep before applying the paint?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I wouldn't since it says clearly do not apply more than two coats. What steps did you take for your prep before applying the paint?

This. Paints have a range of thickness where they work best. Too thick (more coats) and they can't flex and expand/contract with their substrate and will crack and peel.

Originally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3
For the time and effort, I'd only apply 2-part quality epoxy... well worth the expense. The floor in our shop still it holding up after many years of use.

I used the Pro RustOleum 2 part solvent based epoxy on my barn and garage floor to great success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back