Beef Short Ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found a butcher who even knew what I was talking about when I asked for beef ribs from the short plate. Uncut, three bones, a little over 6 lbs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Simple salt and pepper rub and they're already in the smoke. Finished photos coming this evening.

Mmmmmmmm! If I am invited over, I would love to partake in eating that. Delicious!

So rich and decadent. No way is this an everyday BBQ item. If you like your brisket on the lean side, stay far, far away, but if you love a slice of fatty brisket from the point, it's like that turned to 11.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
Where are you buying meat, that the butcher doesn't know cuts?

Nobody butchers beef around here anymore. Everything comes in cryovac. Finding a decent butcher who actually knows cuts and not just what they typically order for the display case has been... challenging.

There are a few local farm-to-table establishments that butcher beef, but they want stupid money for their grass and beer-fed, heritage-breed, hand-massaged meat.

My most recent local find seems promising. Guy knew exactly what I wanted when I asked and was excited I was going to do a smoke with them. They delivered exactly what I asked for. We'll see how they do with some more mundane cuts later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back