Beck/arnley tie rods and control arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nissan Quest is finally due for some front end work.
Can't really complain, 8 years old and 92k miles, northern NY potholes are not kind to front end parts!
Had on my friends lift last week and found 1 outer tie rod is slightly loose and the bushings on the control arms are begining to crack.
Ordered Beck/arnley from rock suto, they were 1/3 the price of oem!
Got the parts the other day, the tie rods are made in Japan rebox 555 brand so very happy with that at $30 each.
The control arms are made in Taiwan though, look to be good quality.
Anyone have any experience on the longevity of the Taiwan Beck/arnley control arms?

The 555 are excellent parts the arms not so great, probably TRW. I used them on one car and found the r/side caster/camber was spot on (not adjustable without expensive plates and adjustable LC bushings), the other was +1° the warrantied replacement was -1.4°.
$150 (75 ea) and the labor down the tubes on alignment to save $100 on OE parts. Never again, OE only.

Edit: seeing as you already have them use them and hope for the best but if it doesn't take a good alignment don't get another, get a refund and buy OE.

Last edited:
Everytime I see Beck/Arnley I think Bert and Ernie.
lol.gif

Usually makes me look elsewhere for a more manly name like MOOOOOGGGGGG!!!!! I know the quality has been questioned but the name is stout.

Last edited:
I thought Beck was junk but this is the second or third time I've read that they are back to reboxing good parts. Nice!

I'd roll the dice on the control arms, there's a good chance they'll be good too. Please post your findings.

Taiwan made is probably equivalent to made in USA at least for tools. Taiwanese stuff is usually pretty good quality.

They are not as good as they once were. The problem with aftermarket LCA regardless of COO is the dies are made from molds of a new OE unit, things can get screwed up sometimes in the process. OE are stamped from the original dies use to make the ones originally on the car.

I installed a B/A LCA on my old Infiniti. It was also made in Taiwan and appeared to be decent quality. It didn't change the alignment at all. My nephew has the car now and that LCA is still holding up fine (been on there for 3 years).

Originally Posted by Trav
The 555 are excellent parts the arms not so great, probably TRW. I used them on one car and found the r/side caster/camber was spot on (not adjustable without expensive plates and adjustable LC bushings), the other was +1° the warrantied replacement was -1.4°.
$150 (75 ea) and the labor down the tubes on alignment to save $100 on OE parts. Never again, OE only.

Edit: seeing as you already have them use them and hope for the best but if it doesn't take a good alignment don't get another, get a refund and buy OE.

I guess I got lucky on my 04 ES330, used Beck Arnley lower arms instead of replacing the rear bushing that was separating from it's steel bore after 180k. Front alignment was spot on when rolled onto the rack, reset the toe and all was well. Had I read this prior I wouldn't have purchased them. However they were $150 a side cheaper than OE arms. Car is now with a new owner so no longer a concern.

The older I get the more I prefer only OE parts.

Beck Arnley seems to be a hit or miss on the quality of their products. Sometimes, you get OE reboxed high end stuff from Japan. Other times, it's generic Chinese shyt. (which aren't necessarily good or bad)

Those were probably reboxed OE. That's the thing with B&A, its a crap shoot over the last few years, there was a time when they were selling mostly OE with sometimes the branding makes removed. Getting a cheap garbage Uro part in a B&A box does not inspire confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back