Beat German Castrol with German ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valvoline!

Yes, such product exists and should be available for sale in the US according to Mercedes-Benz "star bulletin" dated May 9, 2002 which I found on Valvoline website.
Product is called Valvoline SynPower MXL 0W-30 and rated ACEA A3/B3/B4. Don't confuse with similar product called SynPower XL which is also 0W-30 grade. Online datasheet is also available from Valvoline's website. If you can't find it here is the data:

API SJ 0W-30
ACEA A3, B3, B4 0W-30
Mercedes Benz 229.3 0W-30
VW 502.00/505.00 0W-30
VW 503.01 0W-30
BMW Longlife-01 0W-30

Viscosity, mm2/s @ 100 ºC 11.7
Viscosity, mm2/s @ 40 ºC 65.0
Viscosity Index 171
Viscosity, mPa.s –35°C TBN, mg KOH/g ASTM D-2896 9.91
Pour Point, ºC -57
Specific Gravity @ 15/15ºC 0.855
Flash Point, PMCC, ºC 206

Has anyone seen Valvoline SynPower in 0W-30 grade? It seems like Valvoline doesn't list 0w-30 grade on their website among other SynPower oils. Do you have any additional info about it? Any formulation guesses? Do you think it is a Group III/IV/V or a combination of thereof.

Just wanted to give you guys something new to test and talk about.

Regards,

[ November 20, 2003, 04:55 AM: Message edited by: Titanium_Alloy ]

Ahhhhhhh crap....here we go again.....
grin.gif

Headstart post: I haven't found it yet.

it looks the oil companies are listening to this board. everyone here thought castrol was a b*atch for marketing syntec as synthetic when it wasn't..so they bring the german castrol here. the majority here hate valvoline and they are bringing this valvoline synpower. interesting
grin.gif

It's interesting that we haven't seen it because the MB bulletin is dated almost 1.5 years ago. I guess it's a valid competitor for GC. I have no idea what color it is and how it smells like. Well let's just wait for MLX to show up in retail stores...

Regards,

Personally, I'm waiting for the new Chevron Supreme SLX 0W30. Oh yeah!

You know the one that my neighbor's wife's uncle's son who heard on Rush Limbaugh that Paul Harvey reported a sighting of it in a Roswell, New Mexico Auto Zone Sunday flyer that says it will be out in time for Christmas. Yeah, that one.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by mrhonda:
What colour is it, and what does it smell like?
grin.gif

Speaking of smell....I received my order of fuel power today and since I'm a knuclehead, I took a sniff at it....**** ...I almost passed out....and since i'm such a ******* , I needed to make sure it was the fuel power that made me feel that way and so I took another sniff....needles to say, I almost passed out again.
rolleyes.gif

Best synthetic I have tried so far has been the German Castrol. The two things I don't like about it are the lack of API Certification and how hard it is to find this oil.

If there really is a German Valvoline that comes out I may try it. Especially if it has API Certification, is priced about the same as the German Castrol, and produces a smooth running engine like the German Castrol.

According to what I have heard, BMW motor oil is either Mobil 1 or Valvoline synthetic, and I know that Valvoline synthetic is acceptable is at least some BMWs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back