Battery terminal cleaner

That makes peracetic acid which is good at removing your skin, lungs, the white of your eyes and dissolves your cotton clothing.

In this subject my 2001 Dodge continuously needs the terminals disassembled cleaned and tightened
I then have to replace the whole endabout every 6 months.

Battery type doesn’t matter none of the aftermarket clamps seem to clamp to positive cable correctly either so I have to clean and reassemble that as well.

Bloody tired of continuously cleaning and tightening in some cases daily, battery type doesn’t seem to matter either.

The stuff that supposedly protects seems like it makes things worse.

My 82 diesel was this way now the dodge is this way.

Seems like there would be a better way
Check the ground straps and attachment points on that Dodge. Poor grounding will sometimes cause strange corrosion issues on a battery terminal or vehicle fasteners. My friend had an older Ford Ranger with a bad ground that caused his seat mounting bolts to continuously develop white corrosion bloom just like on a battery terminal. It took years to figure out the issue which involved galvanic activity due to the bolts' metallurgy, similar to the sacrificial anode inside a water heater.

Check the ground straps and attachment points on that Dodge. Poor grounding will sometimes cause strange corrosion issues on a battery terminal or vehicle fasteners. My friend had an older Ford Ranger with a bad ground that cause his seat mounting bolts to continuously develop white corrosion bloom just like on a battery terminal. It took years to figure out the issue which involved galvanic activity due to the bolts' metallurgy, similar to the sacrificial anode inside a water heater.
Asian cars I've had use the body for ground. And then they attach over painted metal. As soon as a bit of corrosion starts on the bolt thread then the ground issues start.

Back