Bar soap: which one do you use?

“Real soaps” were mentioned. What are some real soaps that you can grab off the store shelves?

Irish Spring - the original kind. I'm not happy unless the top layer of epidermis has been completely desquamated! Actually, I want to order the 4% chlorhexidine packets used to scrub-in for surgery. I use those at the Hospital for my hands but had to use one as a body scrub for surgery and it was awesome.

So clean...
Same! Nothing like that early morning scrub with scalding water. 🤤

Neutrogena Rain Bath from Costco. Doesn't leave any residue and cleans up well.
In the winter I tend to use original Aveeno for dry skin. Though, it leaves residue in washcloths.

Neutrogena Rain Bath from Costco. Doesn't leave any residue and cleans up well.
In the winter I tend to use original Aveeno for dry skin. Though, it leaves residue in washcloths.
Gf buys the Rain Bath. I use the Neutrogena bar soap sometimes. Love the way it smells. Cetaphil is a good one if you have dry skin.

^^This. What exactly is real soap? My Nexxus Therappe shampoo lists "soap bark" as one of its main ingredients. Is soap bark "real" (natural) soap?
I mean growing up near Amish folks; they used bacon fat, etc and wood ashes and made theirs. Added can of “red devil lye” too. Pretty darn harsh on skin.

I mean growing up near Amish folks; they used bacon fat, etc and wood ashes and made theirs. Added can of “red devil lye” too. Pretty darn harsh on skin.
Which is why they may not use it all that often. The men especially can get quite “ripe”.

Truth. As I told Blake(Auto Mechanic) best scent ever I think it is
image.jpg

I have what they call "combination skin". Dry of some areas, oily on others. Any soaps with "moisturizing oils" per se in them will make my skin beyond oily and give me teenage skin breakouts. Soap that's too harsh will dry me out and make me itch. The perfect soap for me is Paul Mitchell Awapuhi (which unfortunately they stopped making) or Paul Mitchell Tea Tree cleaning bar. You have to go to a salon to buy it though. Sally carries the knockoff brand which is just as good.

Back