Banned Users and Previous Posts Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a user or username is banned, it seems like that their previous posts are also deleted. No?
Is that a new feature? Or can a banned user request that?

Curious how it works? I thought I could see their posts in the old days but was just looking at a recent thread and tried to re-read a post and couldn't find it ... Then realized that they are no longer with us. :ROFLMAO:

Sometimes there is lots of good info in these deleted posts as we have had some experts posting and later banned.

Not asking or recommending how it should be handled just curious how it works because for example if someone else has quoted the banned user's post, those don't get deleted.

Also tried to look for this info in previous threads and didn't find any.

If a user or username is banned, it seems like that their previous posts are also deleted. No?
Is that a new feature? Or can a banned user request that?

Curious how it works? I thought I could see their posts in the old days but was just looking at a recent thread and tried to re-read a post and couldn't find it ... Then realized that they are no longer with us. :ROFLMAO:

Sometimes there is lots of good info in these deleted posts as we have had some experts posting and later banned.

Not asking or recommending how it should be handled just curious how it works because for example if someone else has quoted the banned user's post, those don't get deleted.

Also tried to look for this info in previous threads and didn't find any.
I just tried searching for posts by a former member (who I presume was banned).

No hits by doing a search by user name, but entering the user name as the search term worked.

I just tried searching for posts by a former member (who I presume was banned).

No hits by doing a search by user name, but entering the user name as the search term worked.

For example, I wanted to search for a post by SonOfJoe about API SL being more seal friendly or not as harsh on the seals or something to the effect ... and I forgot the exact details and the search couldn't find his name because he was banned. I think he was a real formulator and not an internet expert. Lol

I will try your way. Thanks!

For example, I wanted to search for a post by SonOfJoe ....
He could have changed his username somewhere along the line before being banned. I just searched the board for someone who I know changed their username (searched the old username) and nothing showed up.

I also searched for someone who is gone (not sure if banned or just left) and nothing came up, but I searched for key words and some of his posts did come up. Maybe if their profile was hidden a search specifically for posts by a username won't be found. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
For example, I wanted to search for a post by SonOfJoe about API SL being more seal friendly or not as harsh on the seals or something to the effect ... and I forgot the exact details and the search couldn't find his name because he was banned. I think he was a real formulator and not an internet expert. Lol

I will try your way. Thanks!

^^^ See you found it. As I mentioned earlier, this might be the reason you can't search his username or see a history of his threads and posts.

1717988799803.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back