Bank Question

Pretty sure they are in my business further than normal.
Went to the same bank and cashed a small check only- drive-thru
Three ladies show up at the window and wave.
The teller hands over my cash to the manager and she tells me she lives right down the road from me
and would it be okay if she stops by tonight and goes over some new banking options and updated services.

I ask her what address and she says the one on my account. I tell her that is my shop. Looks like a house
but I work there only. She then says, oh okay so the other address is where you stay after hours. I know that as well.

This should be interesting.
It may be nothing but me no likey so far. Thanks guys!

I recently wrote a check for cash. When I went to the bank I got my cash but also got a sales pitch from the teller asking me if I wanted to invest the money in my checking account. They are really pushing for new business.

One slight problem....
I don't drink....
And making women look better is not a good reason to start!

Your cousin really bothers me, though. Meek and apologetic would be one thing, but bold and defiant? I wonder what her attitude would be if she were called on the carpet, and had to answer to a supervisor as to why she accessed your information.

My son used to work for the brokerage where I have my 401k, an IRA, where and my pension is administered. He refused to look at my accounts, and would only speak about my financials in broad, general terms. He said anything more than that could be considered an impropriety or ethical violation.

Got me wondering, can a bank employee look at any account of yours without your permission?
Of course they can, when you go to a bank to conduct a transaction all your information is available to the teller and I mean everything.
The bank has to know that the person that you’re conducting business with is the person on the account and not an imposter or someone not authorized to contact transactions on that account.

This protects the security of the account holder and the security of the country

The teller hands over my cash to the manager and she tells me she lives right down the road from me
and would it be okay if she stops by tonight and goes over some new banking options and updated services.

I ask her what address and she says the one on my account. I tell her that is my shop. Looks like a house
but I work there only. She then says, oh okay so the other address is where you stay after hours. I know that as well.

This borders on unethical behavior, if that was my bank I'd report it to her supervisor.

Back in the day....if someone wrote a check for parts or services the funds would be verified, generally if say it was for 600.00 the verification would request available funds for 1200.00. At least we would know at the time the check was written to us there were at least 1200.00 in the account.
I always deposited the banking mid day if the day was busy and always nightly so they would get posted asap.

If she gives you a card like this, I'd reconsider...

OIP.o874N_gq85ZPIjxBiBOfBwHaJQ

Turned out to be
a positive experience.
She did offer several account options and reduced some account fees etc. An audit of sorts.

Kindly offered free notary services which we all need sometimes. Will come to the house at no charge.

She asked for a house tour. I get this often and really don't get it.
I have never asked to tour someone's house as most women are horrified by the thought of it.

I allow it and often tell them just to run through on their own. No harm.

Next was something that caught me off guard. When she returned from the tour upstairs she told me when she was a little girl she knew my mother and my mom was a teachers aide. Some 45-50 years ago.

They were on a class trip and at a souvenir shop where all the kids were buying things and her and her friend had no money and they were both foster kids.

My mother had seen they were feeling out of place and asked them what was wrong. She said my mother bought them both toys and she will never forget it. She said she kept the toy all of these years. She offered to give it to me but I told her thanks but it's where it belongs.

My mom passed away last May after a long five year illness. I took care of her and this was the person my mother was.

A bit heartbreaking but welcomed story.

It was a good visit. We talked about
her earlier life in the construction business and had many comparable stories.

We also addressed my privacy concerns early on. It's all good..

Turned out to be
a positive experience.
She did offer several account options and reduced some account fees etc. An audit of sorts.

Kindly offered free notary services which we all need sometimes. Will come to the house at no charge.

She asked for a house tour. I get this often and really don't get it.
I have never asked to tour someone's house as most women are horrified by the thought of it.

I allow it and often tell them just to run through on their own. No harm.

Next was something that caught me off guard. When she returned from the tour upstairs she told me when she was a little girl she knew my mother and my mom was a teachers aide. Some 45-50 years ago.

They were on a class trip and at a souvenir shop where all the kids were buying things and her and her friend had no money and they were both foster kids.

My mother had seen they were feeling out of place and asked them what was wrong. She said my mother bought them both toys and she will never forget it. She said she kept the toy all of these years. She offered to give it to me but I told her thanks but it's where it belongs.

My mom passed away last May after a long five year illness. I took care of her and this was the person my mother was.

A bit heartbreaking but welcomed story.

It was a good visit. We talked about
her earlier life in the construction business and had many comparable stories.

We also addressed my privacy concerns early on. It's all good..

So sorry to learn of your Mom's illness and passing. You may have mentioned it here at the time, but I don't always catch everything. She sure sounds like a wonderful person.

You were a great Son to her.

Very glad that things went well with the bank rep. You're right, it's all good. Great post, and thanks for the update.

Back