Bang For The Buck New Cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Mazda6 is starting to look very old.

Honda Civic Sport with manual transmission is a nice sedan.

They probably are not going to invest a lot of money in it when sedan sales are declining overall.

I agree. But they had $$$ for the CX-30. A Mazda6 redesign will definitely help.

Mazda is basically relying on the CX-5 for most of their sales. Which is really not a good plan for their sales future.

Originally Posted by jcartwright99
If you want a screaming deal, a brand new Ford Fusion is one. 3 different engine choices, AWD if desired. Respectable vehicle, although not class leading now. **Full disclosure, I own a 2017 Fusion.

+1 for the Fusion. Drice a 2015 SE for work, the Mazda designed 2.5 four cyl engine is plenty of power for this car.

Also a plug for the GMC Terrain in my sig below, but conditional on if there's enough factory incentives to get deal like we got: 2WD SLE pkg $23,200 + sales tax. Thing has LED daytime marker lights and HID headlights, with LED accent lighting in taillights as well-- not bad for the final price point after incentives and discount.

KIA brand also likely worth a look. Great warranty, sharp styling and seem well engineered.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Your definition of "Bang" probably differs from mine, but here goes:

C8
Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
GTI
Mazda Miata RF
Mustang GT Performance Package
Veloster N

With performance in mind, it's really hard to beat the 12 second 1/4 @ 118mph, 185MPH, 1.05G C7 Corvete base model with manual transmission. Available for an even $42K if you look.

Last edited:
And Subaru offers the AwD Legacy for a whopping $1,500 or so more than a 2wd Camry or Accord. Big competition in a segment with declining sales.

And yeah, the Mazda 6 is a tad cheaper than any of the other three. That would be my choice. The power of competition.

Last edited:
For $25kish, I think the 2020 Civic Si sedan is the best bang for the buck car for a daily. Good gas mileage, LED headlights/fog lights, active dampers, limited slip differential, 6 speed manual.

Fair choice.

So what it boils down to is that wagons if you can find them and then middle class sedans are generally the best deals. (But see the 4x4 Ford Ranger pickups).

The thing I did not expect is that in a highly competitive segment, is the effect of oversupply on trim packages. Awd on a Subaru Legacy is a lot more reasonable than AWD on a full sized pickup.

Originally Posted by WylieCoyote
Leftover '19 Mustang Ecoboosts are selling in the 20's.....a bargain for the performance.

I'm seeing them for less than 20 in my reference market. So based on that and the independent suspension, I'd say yeah.

I'd toss in the possibility of a Leftover Chrysler 300c and Lincoln I'm seeing in my reference market if you are interested in luxury cars.

They are advertised at full price, but based on what you guys are telling me, I would value them as very very low mileage used cars in like new condition as a starting point for negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back