ball joint boot kit

Hi
Can anyone recommend an after market upper ball joint boot kit for a 2001 chevy silverado 2500hd that will fit?
Ball joint is in good shape, just the dust cover opened a gash on the side and there is nothing specific for the vehicle anywhere that I can find.
It is hard finding specs on these parts and after market boots to know well enough that something will fit, so hopefully someone has some knowledge.
sincerely,
John

thanks for the help. going to order the different size set as it should have something that will work.
that will also leave extras for other vehicles etc.

i will follow up...actually going to buy 2 of those!

as my truck is listed on there as being compatible with the kit and I have 6 chevy, gm's i maintain for my family, but yeah, i will let you guys know.

Are your current BJ's sealed or serviceable? All of the replacement boots I've ever seen were very poorly sealed to the point of basically completely unsealed. Energy Suspension used to market replacements of excellent quality but still basically just a dust cover.

If you are going to break everything down to get to the boot its probably worth replacing the joint.

I've owned 4 older Dodge vans that had non greaseable ball joints. They all failed around 190,000 miles. Very impressive. Upon replacing them I found the original boots were fused or glued to the top of the control arm making an excellent weather seal. Perhaps this contributed to the longevity of the ball joints. My point is the boot and how well it seals appears to be important to the life of the ball joint. I would take this into consideration.

Back