Baldwin B2-HPG versus Fleetguard LF3487 (FL-1A's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I've found a good source for Baldwin and Fleetguard filters (truckhelp.com) I'm like a kid in a candy store. I've already got some Baldwin B2's on the way, but I was curious how the B2-HPG compares to the Fleetguard LF3487?

Both are glass/synthetic media filters, but the Fleetguard is a few dollars more. My Jeep really seems to prefer flow to fine filtration as best I can tell, Baldwin says the standard B2 flows a little better than the B2-HPG, curious how the Fleetguard stacks up. The standard Fleetguard LF3313 looks interesting too.

Thoughts? Experiences? Thanks!

Not sure. I know baldwin is open with their efficiency data. just shoot them an email and they will give it to you.

The LF3487 is absolute @ 30 microns 73% 10 microns. It's not statapore but microglass.

B2-HPG is 8 micron nominal and 23 micron absolute.

B2--
22 micron nominal ( Beta @ 2 = 2) and 45 absolute (Beta @ 45 = 75)

I prefer the LF3487.

DSCN1776.jpg

Originally Posted By: dvldoc
The LF3487 is absolute @ 30 microns 73% 10 microns. It's not statapore but microglass.

B2--

I prefer the LF3487.

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. I had info on Baldwin but nothing on Fleetguard that I could find.

So I take it the B2-HPG filters a little better, and the Fleetguard probably has an edge on flow if I read that right?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Do they carry Donaldson?

They have one Donaldson listed, but a boatload of Baldwins and Fleetguards.

I already got the Baldwin B2's I bought from them Tuesday today, I'm impressed. Not sure how they can make any money selling me filters for 3 dollars and change with free shipping but hey I'll take it!

These are my first Baldwins, they seem stout I'll tell you that.

B2--

I prefer the LF3487.

nice... might have to order some b2-hpg next time I make a filter order.

Originally Posted By: cp3
Personally, I think I like the HPG numbers the best out of those.

Yeah, the B2's I just bought don't look so good but it explains why they flow so well.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
Has anyone posted any cut open pics of a b2-hpg or lf3487?

I've not been able to find one, but now I'm gonna need to try a B2-HPG I can see that!

I don't know if the HPG is better than the LF3482 because the Fleetguards nominal rating is 73% @ 10 microns and the Baldwin is 8 microns at 50% efficiency. Seems like they will probably be identical.

BaldwinB2-HPG.jpg

FleetguardLF3487.jpg

The Fleetguard is also pretty much identical to the Donaldson.
DonaldsonP169071.jpg

And pretty dang close to the Amsoil which we know is in partnership with Donaldson.

I don't know if the HPG is better than the LF3482 because the Fleetguards nominal rating is 73% @ 10 microns and the Baldwin is 8 microns at 50% efficiency. Seems like they will probably be identical.

BaldwinB2-HPG.jpg

FleetguardLF3487.jpg

The Fleetguard is also pretty much identical to the Donaldson.
DonaldsonP169071.jpg

And pretty dang close to the Amsoil which we know is in partnership with Donaldson.

Yes I'd found some pics that sure made the Fleetguard look to be identical, yet you posted there is a media difference or did I misunderstand you?

I had actually posted the pics, don't know where they went. Never tested them side by side but as far as I know they are identical as the Donaldson.

It's prior to when they had their new synthetic media.

Okay that makes sense I didn't realize there had been a change since then. I'll probably try one of each that's what an oil nerd thinks is fun but it's looking like the B2-HPG would be a good choice for the long haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back