Bad Wheel Bearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=42&t=001702#000026

Related to this thread, what would a bad wheel bearing sound like or a fly belt? Car makes noise only at 5 mph even when in gear.
smile.gif

Bad wheelbearings roar or growl with increasing speed. At some point they finally get loud enough that you can't bear it so you change them. Once you change them you realize that they've been making noise for a long time because your car is sooo much quieter.

Steve

Buster,

Just drive the thing! You won't have it long enough to worry about it being out of warranty anyways. You trade in every 3 years or so.

Now if it was me then I have reason to worry since I keep it till it dies.

Jack the wheel up and turn it by hand. You can hear and feel a bad bearing as you turn the wheel. If you push and pull on the wheel, you can often feel play if the bearing is bad.

Amkeer I do plan on keeping this car for quite sometime. Unless I can't control myself and go buy a Mustang in a few years. Seriously though, I want to keep this car a long time. I'm going to have to with some up comming changes.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back