BAD movies.

I'm not a huge fan of the series, but they are well produced films with consistent storylines,
[/QUOTE]

Yeah well, being "well produced" and having a "consistent storyline" doesn't make a film "good" either. Although I would dispute that all of the films in the series had the above. The first film was a groundbreaking "space opera/Western" combo that combined science fiction, old school serials, the American Western movie ethos, and even Greek/universal heroic mythology whereas the fourth film, the unfortunate "Phantom Menace" prequal, seemed like a cliche' geared to pander to children employing almost masturbatory CGI sequences to impress audiences watching in newer theaters. I could argue that production values can actually destroy good stories. Would Jaws be as good with a massive CGI shark flying over the boat for the latter half of the movie? One of the reasons Jaws is great is you hardly see the massive, supernaturally intelligent shark because the robot didn't work well and Spielberg had to shoot around the effects failure....

even if they don't push your buttons due to the genre or whatever makes them fall flat with you.

I totally agree, I am a Star Wars fan overall but can see why others could care less. But there are very real differences in the artistic qualities of a film regardless of ones personal tastes. You can throw all the money, high profile actors, and production values at films like Ishtar and they will still suck...

Last edited:
Pearl Harbor

My above dribble being said, just about anything by Michael Bay....

The truth is though that if you really want to know why Hollywood (and pretty much anyone else's) films suck on any artistic level, watch the brilliant and often overlooked film The Player with Tim Robbins, on point!

The b

Best Segall movie was on the ship when Erica Eleniak popped out of the cake. 😮

"seagull'" gets a lot of hate here, and he should. By all accounts he is a horrifically terrible person and no one likes him unless they are sociopaths inclined to guard concentration camps. He's even rated as the worst SNL guest ever because he has no sense of humor and can't take a joke. But he did have that one good, "I'm just a cook" film where he plays the Navy SEAL forced to be a cook on a nuclear armed battleship to get his pension and thusly is a secret, unaccounted for security badass kind of like Willis in Diehard.

But I can't think of any other film with him I've watched through. I think Above the Law was his first, it was sort of bad but maybe okay. There was probably one or two more major studio films but after that he is in what we used to call "direct-to-video" films before streaming and I'm not sure that I would even consider them since no one would ever have thought to put them in a theater even in the best of times...

"seagull'" gets a lot of hate here, and he should. By all accounts he is a horrifically terrible person and no one likes him unless they are sociopaths inclined to guard concentration camps. He's even rated as the worst SNL guest ever because he has no sense of humor and can't take a joke. But he did have that one good, "I'm just a cook" film where he plays the Navy SEAL forced to be a cook on a nuclear armed battleship to get his pension and thusly is a secret, unaccounted for security badass kind of like Willis in Diehard.

But I can't think of any other film with him I've watched through. I think Above the Law was his first, it was sort of bad but maybe okay. There was probably one or two more major studio films but after that he is in what we used to call "direct-to-video" films before streaming and I'm not sure that I would even consider them since no one would ever have thought to put them in a theater even in the best of times...

I think he also had the nuclear weapon train movies...

But yes, Steven Seagal is regarded as some kind of a monumental JERK that says he was in a Navy SEAL unit or something and says he could "easily beat" Jean Claude Van Damme. (He supposedly IS an Aikido master.. but he is big and fat now.)

Some of the above posts touched on some movies I think we can debate as "Bad," issue was taken with me declaring entire movies BAD, although.. I think that's a given? Some movies appear to be just accepted as "Bad" like most Netflix and Amazon Prime offerings, hence why they are on there for free???? (We delved into the details of, maybe these are B-movies, some low budget productions are pretty good.............. and, as mentioned, sometimes you end up with Water world and Sahara as big-budget flops....

The Fast And The Furious from the 4th one one forward are bad, and the 3rd was really a whole different movie just used F&F as a brand name with like a 5 minute plot tie-in.. and it was a pretty good movie I gave it a shot.. street racing movies....

Jaws...
Rambo movies... (yeah, I know @OVERKILL liked "Last Blood." I just didn't enjoy it.
Escape Plan 2 and 3... 1 was good...
Hell Or High Water....

The Number 23. OMG that movie was not good..
The Majestic..

Was that Sharknado, or was that the one with Steve Sanders from 90120?🤣
61xaiG1GDOL._SY445_.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1984 Night of the Comet.

Two Valley girls survive the apocalypse while avoiding dying zombie types that didn't get killed off when a comet passed by the earth. Everyone they know is dead so of course these sisters decide to go on a shopping spree at the local mall. Other than some great one liners it's really bad.

This one is "bad" but I'm watching through it. Keanu seems all-in on this John Wick persona.

Oh, the John Wick movies seem dumb to me, as well. Stars alternate scenes...

He speaks a fair amount of Russian in this one, and there is some talk about a Porsche, for those that have seen it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
20220522_123026.jpg
20220522_123120.jpg

I think anticipation of watching a movie others have liked has an effect on my perception. Ghostbusters was just plain awful…I tried to watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid a couple of weeks ago and was bored after an hour and turned it off….
Really enjoyed the first 3 Stars wars movies but not impressed since then.
Loved Batman TV series….movies no thanks..
Guardians of the Galaxy was a snoozer….

OMG there are so many....
The new Star Wars crapola
Any movie that has wizards and a dragon....
Most CGI movie.....Pearl Harbor had Zero fighters moving like Star wars fighters.
Now that im old i rather watch a movie i liked 10 times over than these crappy movies with actors i never heard of.....
I never made the last Indiana Jones movie all the way through......It was horrible.....
Im a huge James Bond fan but PB and DC i did not like......well the first one each made was OK.....downhill after that....
My GF made me watch some movie on TV last week "500 days of summer" or something like that.....I would rather have a root canal than watch it.

Back