Bad experience with Auto-RX, CS was even worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MolaKule

Would you object if someone voiced approval and the satisfaction they had with ARX?

It would be out of place.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

You also say that the seals are undamaged. So ARX did not damage them then.

Your logic is flawed. ARX advertises that it makes seals more pliable and leaks can and do develop, but "will go away" after some number of miles. Please just stop posting in this thread.

Quote:
Why want a free bottle of ARX if one is convinced that ARX use is what damaged the seal?

I didn't see you answer that simple question.

Originally Posted By: 03wrx

Please just stop posting in this thread.

Please just stop posting in this thread because your story is full of holes.

You want this thread to be about customer service? Well, think about it from the company's point of view:

A customer complains about the product, claiming it caused a problem that seems nearly impossible to have been caused by the product. Then that customer wants more product for free.

Does that make sense?
grin2.gif

It sure doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am writing to anyone that might be on the fence about purchasing a treatment or two of Auto-RX. In few words, Don't Do it. Allow me to go into the background of my issue.

Why not just relate your experience and dissatisfaction?

I never tell someone what to do what or say. However, I have recommended or suggested.

Last edited:

Your logic is flawed. ARX advertises that it makes seals more pliable and leaks can and do develop, but "will go away" after some number of miles. Please just stop posting in this thread.

Logic tells me that if a product is the cause of a problem, then you don't use it again or ask for more.

Logic tells me that if said product damages seals, then every seal it touches would have the same problem.

Logic tells me that that every car that used said product would have the same problem. And yet, that hasn't happenned.

Logic tells me that if the seals are undamaged as claimed, it's a waste of money to replace them.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666

Please just stop posting in this thread.

Please just stop posting in this thread because your story is full of holes.

You want this thread to be about customer service? Well, think about it from the company's point of view:

A customer complains about the product, claiming it caused a problem that seems nearly impossible to have been caused by the product. Then that customer wants more product for free.

Does that make sense?
grin2.gif

It sure doesn't make sense to me.

You're confusing the timeline, and sadly if you can't understand it from the rather verbose post I cannot explain it further to you. Sorry that you are confused.

Quote:
The overwhelming conscensus was that a cam seal had torn.

But were the cam seals actually shown to be leaking, or did the shop want to hit you up for a replacement including parts AND labor??

BTW, seals and gaskets are two different materials.

Last edited:

Logic tells me that if a product is the cause of a problem, then you don't use it again or ask for more.

Logic tells me that if said product damages seals, then every seal it touches would have the same problem.

Logic tells me that that every car that used said product would have the same problem. And yet, that hasn't happenned.

Logic tells me that if the seals are undamaged as claimed, it's a waste of money to replace them.

You are wrong in every sense. I will ask you again to stop posting in this thread as you are derailing it from it's purpose.

Quote:

But were the cam seals actually shown to be leaking, or did the shop want to hit you up for a replaement?

Did you look at the photos of the underside of the car? Don't try and take this in a direction that it did not go in. I only went to the shop to get the seals replaced after it was clear that Frank would not honor Rich's statement in getting me another bottle of ARX to see if that would correct the issue. Obviously leaking oil for another thousand miles would be significantly cheaper than the $350 repair to replace those seals.

And yes we all know that metallic gaskets used in exhaust systems are very much different from rubber seals used throughout an engine. Why even mention it?

You are wrong in every sense. I will ask you again to stop posting in this thread as you are derailing it from it's purpose.

So if the product is the cause of damage you would still use it.

The purpose of the thread is to attack a product/person because the thread at the other place was removed for doing just that.

That doesn't go over too well here either.

Now of you would offer proof......

Quote:

But were the cam seals actually shown to be leaking, or did the shop want to hit you up for a replacement including parts AND labor??

No idea. Those were the OP's words
grin.gif

Quote:
Did you look at the photos of the underside of the car? Don't try and take this in a direction that it did not go in.

Yes I did and I am simply a cause-and-effect person trying to get some questions answered.

Just curious, Was the shop in which you had the seals replaced the same shop that did the rebuild?

I have seen seals installed by rebuild shops in which they "puckered' the seals during installation. Did you consider this as a possibility?

Upon removal, the seals unpuckered and showed no signs of unusual wear, especially at 10k miles.

No, the mechanic had no intention of causing a leak but it does happen.

Quote:
And yes we all know that metallic gaskets used in exhaust systems are very much different from rubber seals used throughout an engine. Why even mention it?

Because, from your statements, it wasn't clear that you had made the distinction. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:

You're confusing the timeline, and sadly if you can't understand it from the rather verbose post I cannot explain it further to you. Sorry that you are confused.

We all know being verbose is easy. I think we've all found that concise writing is much more difficult.

BTW - the posts discrediting you have all been very concise.

I think I've got the timeline down:

-You contact ARX about a torn cam seal, which could not have been caused by ARX.

-A worker says they may be able to send you a free bottle.

-You contact them again. Someone else in the company realizes your problem could not have been caused by ARX. He won't give you a free bottle.

-You complain on this forum.

-Many people realize that your story doesn't make sense.

-Many people criticize you.

Last edited:
Quote:
Why want a free bottle of ARX if one is convinced that ARX use is what damaged the seal?

I didn't see you answer that simple question.

And still unanswered.

LOL, don't push on him to hard
smile.gif

I guess everyone already realized, that "free bottle" mentioned before, could "stop leak", that "might been developed by ARX". It was mentioned above, that leaks "could develop", and "should stop" after a while of using product. That's what OP is trying to say
smile.gif

To many might and should words in this situation. I believe no magic in can could damage so much, and even less chance to fix mechanical damage.
I know chemical can shrink,dry, eat up or swollen rubber, but tear it? Liquid with angy nano robots in it?
02.gif
LOL

Last edited:
Okay, so there were no visible external oil leaks prior to use of ARx, but you lost nearly a quart every 1,000 miles prior to engine rebuild or POST-rebuild?

Well Trajan- There's a lot more to the satisfaction guarantee than I thought, something potential customers should consider. It was good you posted it. Lets face it no one is going to court over a bottle of A-Rx. Here's a better idea, take it up with the credit card company in the form of a dispute, let them sort it out. Hopefully the OP paid by credit card.

Molakule brought up a good question, something along these lines: Why take the bottle of A-Rx if it didn't work, or damaged the seal? Simple, to sell it and recover some of the loss.

Once again all this back and forth is a moot point. According to the OP Rick, Frank's employee offered a free bottle, then Frank reneged on the deal. That's poor business PERIOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back