AZ Beginning Valvoline Clearance 10W30 $20

Jackson_Slugger

$50 Site Donor 2022
They've had that on clearance since almost a year ago, their new corporate policy won't allow them to actually mark down clearance stuff enough to move it so it's been sitting forever when they should've marked it down to $10 and cleared it out months ago.

Reactions: D60
I know the 3 closest Auto Zones to me don't have have any 10w-30, it went on clearance a while back (like last December?) and was gone by the time I went to look.
Seems there are a few stores about 8-10 miles away that have a few jugs, but for $20, it can sit.
If it hits $10, I might grab them if I am in the area, but not something I am going out of my way for.
The Tractor Supply clearance got me pretty stocked up for quite a while (on top of my already too big of a stash).

They've had that on clearance since almost a year ago, their new corporate policy won't allow them to actually mark down clearance stuff enough to move it so it's been sitting forever when they should've marked it down to $10 and cleared it out months ago.

Nothing wrong with that policy if the bottom line is all that counts. Someone will buy it “on clearance” EVENTUALLY… even if it takes several years to do so. 😆😂 At least they won’t Lose Money on it vs discounting it for $1 and going negative with each transaction 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Any Valvoline rebates ?

They will keep dropping price until it’s all gone.

IDK about that, I was somewhat tempted to grab the Quaker State HM at $4 a qt., but not tempted enough. I think they just cleared it out and sent it somewhere like an outlet franchise...

Any Valvoline rebates ?

They will keep dropping price until it’s all gone.
Nope, appears the cashback program is over the website doesn't work anymore, and they haven't dropped the price, it's been $20 for almost a year, I sort of watched it for a few months over the spring and they never dropped it, and then I bought stuff from the TSC clearance and stopped paying any attention because it became clear they were never going to lower, it someone said they talked to a manager and corporate won't let them drop it down to $10/jug anymore.

Need some of that $2 qt. synthetic again.
1699800522479.jpg

Need some of that $2 qt. synthetic again.View attachment 188128
I'm with you there. There was one year that was especially good, 2015-ish. I bought enough clearance top-tier synthetic of various brands for $2/qt or less to last me 6+ years, literally. I hit every store in town, and most still had inventory of something worth buying.

Haven't seen a decent Autozone clearance for a few years.

That Castrol 1 qt is a good deal @ $2, but the closest store to me with any in stock is 40 miles away, and shows 1 qt in stock.
There is one that is 110 miles away with 9 in stock.
That's a clearance deal from 2 years ago, if any stores still have any, they're either extremely remote or they don't really have it anymore.

Back