Awkward conversation with an Amsoil dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo no way deserves any heat from AMSoil's corny business practices. imo, AMSoil is kind of a fringe product, and never went mainstream. They would be wise to simplify their product line, pricing and whole MLM system which is antiquated in the 24-hour internet age. I doubt of any of these reps make any real money for the time/effort/hassle they put in. AMSoil should honestly be sold from a central site with a wholesale division, but without a central site, all the info on their 1st-rate products gets lost in the sauce and mixed up with all the heebie jeebies. Maybe I'm missing something, but if I could order it like a pizza I'd use it.

lol.gif
Your jokes and poems always crack me up!

Posted by pscholte:
quote:

I wouldn't run pizza in an Audi...the pepperonis clog the oil passages in your turbos..........no, really

Well, it's a funny thing but both GC (as well as most Amsoil products) will have a comparable effect if placed in the digestive passages of a human............yes, really!
tongue.gif
Just a passing thought -- perhaps we should confine the pizza to the digestive passages, and save the oil for the crankcases?
dunno.gif

quote:

No Amsoil does NOT do that.

Amsoil has zero relationship with the crappy practices of Amway. No minimum purchases, no mandatory anything.

Are you guys about finished? You would get sick of me ragging on your expert oil bud at Wal-Mart, or your chickie friend at AutoZone that knows oh so much about oil.....come on guys - this crap is OLD OLD OLD hat.

When I walk into almost any place that sells oil they don't know jack about lubes. I mean less than the worst pipsqueak on this site. But dang you guys seem to get your jollies constantly ragging on me. I'm sick of it actually. I've tried to remain professional and have a joke or two....but if you don't know Amsoil has no relationship to Amway or you can't handle a company selling products they wish to sell then I guess there is no hope......

I've had nothing but good experiences ordering from Amsoil. I order it on a Sunday, it's here by Wednesday or Thursday, no hassles, no problems. I'm not sure why everyone is comparing Amsoil to Amway-they're two different companies
dunno.gif

Amsoil has and does make excellent products. Like any other company, it has a few bad representatives (think about the company you work for-aren't there one or two people that are not as sharp as the rest? Maybe you're one of them?). Those bad apples are offset by representatives such as Pablo and the others on this board who maintain a high degree of excellence and continue to keep up on the latest changes. The best part of it is they freely give that information to anyone whether they are a customer or not. That gets a lot of admiration and respect in my book.

I think reps like Pablo are the norm rather than the exception.

Sorry to see Pablo get upset.

My first experience with Amsoil was similar to the thread starter's. The guy seemed like a pushy redneck short on knowledge and long on bad and desperate salesmanship.

Then the internet came around and Amsoil ruined many a forum with people trying to turn every thread into an Amsoil pitch.

If it wasn't for TooSlick I never would have considered using Amsoil.

Not really upset, just a little irritated by the repetitious nature of the beatings. I highly doubt these kind of threads will help keep Al and Al jr honest or influence them to go uncontrolled store sales.

Believe me I dislike the pushy redneck sales guys more than most. And I also dislike just dropping Amsoil into every thread. I do like the fact that the number of authorized BiTOG Amsoil dealers is controlled. Thanks to Bob and now Tony!

There are a MANY "hidden" dealers as members here. More than we will know. The vast majority are here to learn and not sell. This is a GOOD thing IMHO! They are truly good people. Not idiots, rednecks, or robots.
On the flip side there are some Amsoil dealers here purely to poach. That is the root of some of my real irritation. Us site sponsors pay a healthy fee to BiTOG. Helps the site! My reward should be helping and yes some sales - but to have a poacher swoop in and make a sale to a BiTOG member sorta sucks the wind out of me.

Enough said - again I don't mind a good redneck sales joke from time to time
smile.gif
But the senseless continuous threads are way stale.

Thanks to all!

Amway would never stand for customer and district area poaching.

why do i get the impression there is something wrong with Amsoil's products from the high pressure sales tactics, reminds me of a used car lot.
my local parts retailer now carries Amsoil and several other top end oils, i've been caught by the Amsoil dealer reading their labels with a bottle in my hand...only happened once...the high pressure sales pitch was sooooo bad, i didn't even put the bottle back in the right spot...
will probably try the Redline...at least i'm allowed to read the bottle labels.
or perhaps, i'll just keep searching for some of the rare green elf urine

know i know why i've never been to an Amway party

If AMSoil treated their product like a normal premium oil, not something too hard to swallow like those goofy oil treatments, more people would embrace it. Seriously, over-selling and making outrageous claims DEVALUES the product. Let's pretend it's the best oil available and it's a hair from OTC, just a phone call or click away. The stuff would sell itself. I'm not telling Pablo anything he does not know, but all the above-listed experiences are a real turn-off. The first thing that stuff makes me think of is all those super-terrific oil enhancing treatments, which we all know are total bunk. Maybe AMSoil is just not a great business to be in. Lots of competition and ever-improving OTC oils, even M1 EP now with SERIOUS warranties and substantial reputation. I dunno. I really only wanted to chime in again to suggest having an AMSoil Forum. It's really a Schaefer's site though. Who knows? All I can say is AMSoil needs to dispense with the hokum and act like a reputable, high-tech company in line their products abilities.
PS how did this end up on Euro Oils Forum?

Can't say what Amway would stand for, but the poaching thing is more of a paid sponsor vs. poacher thing than a MLM thing. I'm not sure what these "high pressure guys" say. I rarely run into other dealers, so those must be "interesting" encounters. It's funny that people aren't put off by wild claims by other oil companies.

Why do you write "AMSoil"? I've seen others do this? Strange.
Other than stupid dealers (which of course I know exist), what is so hokum about Amsoil ads vs. Castrol/Mobil/et al?
Amsoil's warranty is just as serious as M1 EP, so I am not sure what you are saying there.

Because the first post was about Amsoil and VW specs.

Since I am no oil expert, I'm not commentating on formulations and applications. All I can say is what I gather from casual observation. It's just in the interest of seeing AMSoil get their message across, in a way that portrays them as they deserve and is also fair to the consumer. What I can do well, I think, is convey these notions to you... just as a fellow BitOG member.
cheers.gif

Pablo, look at your AMSoil logo. AMS and oil are composed of 2 different colours, making them distinct. One thing I see as corny about AMSoil's ads is their 25,000mi interval claims. That's already been noted as misleading on this Forum. Another thing is the "Jet" reference, sorta dated...1950s vintage. Maybe "Jet" technology would have impresed your daddy.
Part of the issue is their customers and other observers are not exactly objective, they consider the source. That source is a mail-order company with outrageous claims. From a layman's perspective, what seperates AMSoil from other magic engine treatments? Come on, oil all looks the same...except the Gruen. It does not take a exhaustive calculations to figure that one motor oil is not worth 8 times as much as another, especially to a DIYer. Maybe it is...I'm not exactly convinced.
As for the warranties, take your AMSoil sales rep hat off for a sec and look at it objectively... what company would the consumer percieve as providing a more trustworthy warranty? On one hand you have a huge multi-national company with billions in assets. Million-dollar R&D budget with distrubtors and retail outlets on every block. On the other hand, you have a mail-order company making outrageous claims and charging unprecidented prices, justifying it by claiming their product is cost-effective when run out to 25,000 miles. If you have an oil-related problem, who is gonna sort things out and repair/replace your engine? Billy-Bob the bearded hillbilly AMSoil rep? The same guy who "took" you for yer eight dollars a quart?

Not sure where you get the unprecendented prices thing from. Amsoil is less expensive than M1 in many stores, and there are many oils that cost a LOT more. I agree some of the oils are very expensive at the suggested retail price. I have never paid over $5/qt for any Amsoil motor oil. Shucks, NAPA, etc in my area are $7.05-$7.85/qt for M1.

I'm not sure how much you know about the "25000 mile" OCI, but Amsoil has never blanket statement recommended for ALL cars and all applications, this and the most recent OCI recommendations are WAY toned down.

I agree the jet stuff is very archaic. The old Al stuff will go as Al Jr. moves in and eventually Al dies.

Now I buy into a product with "magnetec" or mysterious protection properties. Sure!

How is Amsoil's marketing any worse that companies claiming intelligent, robotic or even live molecules surrounding chunks of dirt and carrying them away and magnetic attraction of the oil to all metal surfaces?........come on ALL oil companies use some magic marketing words. Again - why is Amsoil singled out for abuse???

OK yeah right, big companies will protect your rights better than small companies. Now that is funny!

It's not AMSoil. It's AMSOIL or Amsoil. Sure the colors are different, but not 1/2 caps. Not as funny as Mobile, though
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back