Awkward conversation with an Amsoil dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Now ask them why the won't say

AMSOIL Synthetic 5W-40 European Motor Oil meets or exceeds[...]

on the website or the label.

I'm pretty sure we all know the answer to that question.....

Pablo- I couldn't find a place on Amsoil's web site that lists the 503.1 approval. Could you direct me to that link?

Why is that every time I hear dealers talking about Amsoil I get the Amway style heeby-jeebies?

rekced - The web site is not up to date. That's why I asked the question.

rekced - Are you getting the heeby-jeebies now?

Blue world - the oil exceeds the performance requirements. On some oils they say it on some they don't. I don't think it's as evil as you want it to be. Amsoil stands behind their products better than most oils I've seen.

lol.gif
Amsoil selling laundry detergent???......Do you get extended wearing intervals by using their stuff? Will it void the clothing's warranty?

quote:

Blue world - the oil exceeds the performance requirements. On some oils they say it on some they don't. I don't think it's as evil as you want it to be.

It's not evil, it's business. It's also not an oversight. Poiting out that some oils do say 'meets or exceeds' just highlights the fact that the oils that don't say 'meets or exceeds' quite simply don't.

Primary packaging in the US is as much a legal document as a marketing vehicle, no language is accidental.

You don't finely craft deceptive language like 'recommended for applications specifying' when you have industry standard language 'meets or exceeds', unless you're pretending.

I'm not saying Amsoil isn't a great product. I'm not saying Amsoil won't stand behind the product. I'm saying that unless 'meets or exceeds' is on the package and the web site, it quite simply does not meet or exceed.

Why can't Amsoil just step up like RedLine and stop pretending? RedLine doesn't say it meets or exceeds any VAG oil spec, yet anybody familiar with the oil knows it most certainly would, and I don't doubt AFL would as well.

By playing these word games and using deceptive language, Amsoil is acting like it has something to hide which makes it even harder to take Amsoil seriously.

Posted by glxpassat:

quote:

Is Amsoil and Amway the same company or are they just alike?

Amway took Amsoil to court back a few years ago because of the name similarity 'Am'.

Both companies use MLM but they are not the same company.

Bill

It's funny that Amsoil sells soap when that was the backbone of Amway. I guess both companies have diversified over the years. I tried Amway for one day. After the guy told me to make a list of all of my friends and relative's phone numbers so he could call them I politley bowed out. I hope Amsoil doesn't put relationships in jepordy like that!

No Amsoil does NOT do that.

Amsoil has zero relationship with the crappy practices of Amway. No minimum purchases, no mandatory anything.

Are you guys about finished? You would get sick of me ragging on your expert oil bud at Wal-Mart, or your chickie friend at AutoZone that knows oh so much about oil.....come on guys - this crap is OLD OLD OLD hat.

When I walk into almost any place that sells oil they don't know jack about lubes. I mean less than the worst pipsqueak on this site. But dang you guys seem to get your jollies constantly ragging on me. I'm sick of it actually. I've tried to remain professional and have a joke or two....but if you don't know Amsoil has no relationship to Amway or you can't handle a company selling products they wish to sell then I guess there is no hope......

Wow I thought all the jokes about "Amway Oil" were in bad taste. Here it turns out they really are doing laundry soap, LOL.

If you folks would look at most large corporate stuctures...most, if not all of them have other company's under the corporate umbrella. Many corporations diverisify types of business's under one large umbrella. It's smart; good business savy. I have used many of the products that are under the Amsoil corporate umbrella and all of them are quality products. So give Amsoil a break...if you have used one of there products that have done you wrong.......speak up or shut up.

Pablo- I didn't realize you are a Amsoil rep, nor did I ever believe Amsoil had any affiliatio with Amway. I just used that comment to explain a feeling I had when I encountered three different Amway dealers. Obviously, not all Amsoil dealers are like that. I didn't mean anything personal to you in any way.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

I actually feel a little sympathy for Amsoil -- kinda like the "man without a country" thing. First, when they were "Amzoil" (long ago), Pennzoil came after them because of the name similarity. So they changed to "Amsoil" and now Amway wants a bite.

Pablo: thanks for staying the course. It is refreshing that someone who sells oil actually knows his product line well. That's the mark of good, professional businessman. If we're going to rant, perhaps we should rant about the lack of knowledge found at the Autozones, Advance, O'Reillys, and PoopBoys stores. . .

Pablo, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to touch a nerve! I was not trying to rag on you or Amsoil, I really didn't know if they were related to Amway or not and just wanted to find out. This thread started with a story that sounded very 'Amwayish' to me, so that's why I asked. I am glad to hear that they do not practice doing business the way that Amway does!! I did not know Amsoil had been sued by Amway.

All right, Pablo, we'll give it a rest. I do hope most people understand that Amway and Amsoil aren't that similar or the same company. Very few seem to doubt that Amsoil sells a quality product.

But a little ragging every now and then will also help keep Amsoil in line. (Keep their dealer standards and practices up, not selling too many voodoo products like herbal supplements, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back