Average new car price is $50K ? Insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must be factoring in the real inflation rate over the last few years the rest of the world is gaslighting us about.

I agree with you - thats insane. I don't need to drive around in $50K of my money. My last 3 cars were purchased new all well under $30K.

There are still many cars worth buying for around $30K, that will likely last a couple decades if taken car of, so long as your not trying to impress anyone.

I'm not sure how someone can even afford these things. Most I know cannot. The inflation rates with these cars isn't awful if you compare them to prices of 20-30 years ago, but like everything else the issue is wages haven't kept up, and vehicles are quickly becoming throw away appliances like phones/computers instead of something you keep for years like a stove or riding lawn mower.

I'm not sure how someone can even afford these things. Most I know cannot. The inflation rates with these cars isn't awful if you compare them to prices of 20-30 years ago, but like everything else the issue is wages haven't kept up, and vehicles are quickly becoming throw away appliances like phones/computers instead of something you keep for years like a stove or riding lawn mower.
Exactly. Cars are depreciating assets; consumable assets. Finance teaches do not put money into depreciating assets; put money into appreciating assets.

A Toyota exec feels average new cars prices could exceed $50,000 this year. How can anyone afford this?
The 1st new car I ever bought was my strippie 1993 Toyota 4wd PU for $14,000 all in. And that scared the heck outta me.
Our Cruze was around $15.5K in 2013 all in. Obviously $50K is an average but it is crazy how the lower end of the price spectrum is disappearing/changing.

I am not looking forward to our next car purchase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back