AutoZone clearance SKUs

I've never understood why AZ & AAP handles clearance items the way they do, i.e. with not much transparency to the items available on clearance. Maybe when you have 6700 & 4800 stores, it's difficult to manage. You have to be an internet sleuth and a disciple of this forum to even have a shot. How many times have you gone to these stores, requested a p/n and the counter jockey says, "wow, that's a great price for X" ? I don't know that I have ever seen a table display like the OP shows in post #1.

I've never understood why AZ & AAP handles clearance items the way they do, i.e. with not much transparency to the items available on clearance. Maybe when you have 6700 & 4800 stores, it's difficult to manage. You have to be an internet sleuth and a disciple of this forum to even have a shot. How many times have you gone to these stores, requested a p/n and the counter jockey says, "wow, that's a great price for X" ? I don't know that I have ever seen a table display like the OP shows in post #1.
The rule is, whenever you drive by an Auto Zone, you take a U-turn and go back inside and see what's on clearance.

It really comes down to corporate decisions and regional/store decisions. Corporate decisions usually means the websites are reflecting the clearances, regional/store decisions are table clearances.
Not sure if they need that much transparency because it moves quick enough to not matter. I've seen these tables at various stores but the value can wildly vary. Plenty of times I see oils with prices that makes you take a double take on the price (not in a good way), but other times, it's an unbelievable deal.
How, I see it is a Manager tells a single employee to mark it down and its done. I don't think they have a store meeting to announce to all employees that a clearance is occuring. But the stores where the employees communicate with each other, some employees will stash these products on the side for themselves.

I'm really at a loss trying to understand the il-logic of trying to save a $ on something essential that will last for the next 5K to 10K miles. Look at what you are paying for one gallon of fuel and the distance it will serve you till the next fill. I'm far from rich, but when I find the brand and weight oil that I prefer an extra couple of dollars for an oil change means nothing~!
This is a subforum for deals. If you want to pay full price, I suggest you don't visit this subforum and keep your opinion to yourself. This is for deals, not your complaints.;) Understand?

It really comes down to corporate decisions and regional/store decisions. Corporate decisions usually means the websites are reflecting the clearances, regional/store decisions are table clearances.
Not sure if they need that much transparency because it moves quick enough to not matter. I've seen these tables at various stores but the value can wildly vary. Plenty of times I see oils with prices that makes you take a double take on the price (not in a good way), but other times, it's an unbelievable deal.
How, I see it is a Manager tells a single employee to mark it down and its done. I don't think they have a store meeting to announce to all employees that a clearance is occuring. But the stores where the employees communicate with each other, some employees will stash these products on the side for themselves.
I was the employee that bought out the deals before the customers saw them

I was the employee that bought out the deals before the customers saw them

Were I an employee marking something down that was a screaming deal, and I wanted it, I would buy it too. I have no issues with employees grabbing stuff they want and buying it. They shouldn't miss out on deals just because they work there.

What bothers me is when they hide it and lie about it being in stock. If they want it, buy it. If they haven't bought it yet and I ask for it, they should sell it to me.

I was hoping to get some of that Idemitsu ATF that is for Toyota WS, but none nearby. I was going to watch it and try to pick some up next time I'm headed to visit family and the dang SKU disappeared from the site.:(

Back