AutoZone clearance SKUs

Searching AutoZone's website for clearance items can be tricky, even by part #
If you Google it, it'll take you to it showing local store availability
YMMV of course
1000010364.jpg

1000010366.jpg

Toyota WS (equivalent) for $2 per qt, I'll service the ATF with the oil at that price 🤌

Good hunting 🫡

Thank you for the heads up! I had hoped to find some of the Castrol 5W-50 for my lawnmower transaxle, but it looks like it's gone from the website. I did manage to purchase some of the TLS-LV fluid(y)

I'm really at a loss trying to understand the il-logic of trying to save a $ on something essential that will last for the next 5K to 10K miles. Look at what you are paying for one gallon of fuel and the distance it will serve you till the next fill. I'm far from rich, but when I find the brand and weight oil that I prefer an extra couple of dollars for an oil change means nothing~!

I'm really at a loss trying to understand the il-logic of trying to save a $ on something essential that will last for the next 5K to 10K miles. Look at what you are paying for one gallon of fuel and the distance it will serve you till the next fill. I'm far from rich, but when I find the brand and weight oil that I prefer an extra couple of dollars for an oil change means nothing~!
If I had just one or two cars or if a vehicle was still in its warranty period I would agree with you. Last year between all of the vehicles, tractors and other equipment (everything out of warranty) I used at least 120 quarts of oil. So for me it adds up quick.

Some are not set on a particular brand. These are major brands and if it's on sale I don't see what is "illogical" here. Why pay full price if you don't have to? It's really the whole point of this sub-forum. If the oil is the grade and spec specified for your vehicle, there's absolutely no issue here, even for vehicles under warranty. It's not like we are dealing with knock offs, stolen, or bottles that have been found in the back room after 30 years.

Despite recent claims that oil has a shelf life of 5 years, or your foamy rotella will explode the ecodiesel in the driveway, it really has a much much longer shelf life given care is taken for storage, hence it is somewhat cost effective to hedge over I would say two decades. What was a deal 20 years ago is not happening today, for example. Technology has advanced some since then as a counter argument, but I don’t blink at SL oil for example. SJ maybe.

Back