AutoRX in Honda Power Steering Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used AutoRX in Honda Pwer Steering systems? I want to try AutoRX for my leak but am cautious because Honda Power Steering systems must use Honda or equivalent PSF.

Auto-Rx is compatible, with all oils. The application would be 1 fluid ounce of ARX per quart of lubricant. Run for 60 hours, or 600 miles. Drain the fluid and refill fresh. Certainly worth a shot.

It may be okay, but I ain't gonna chance it. the guys that work on my hondas really put a scare in my concerning the power steering fluid. That's the only fluid they say ONLY use Honda fluid.

at that point it is a manual rack. why not take off the ps pump then, that way the car will have more power or get better mileage.

my car is an older 89 legend above 30mph, it is a manual rack. at low speedsthe assist comes on and i get leaks.

Frank says it's ok and rick20 too. i'm scared like gebo. Honda has special psf thar others are also making just for hondas too. most folks don't know this. Were you aware of this frank and rick20?

Frank

Member # 34

posted June 19, 2003 04:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent you e-mail on your question. Others who might follow this thread should know application formulas were configured to work in areas that
Auto-Rx ( a metal cleaner ) would be most effective. Auto-Rx contrary to some, is not an additive as it does not change chemistry of oil or oil additive package. Nothing at all will happen if you use to much Auto-Rx or not enough
except results will differ or we have to make a course correction in your application to get results we guarantee. Auto-Rx is in suspension in your oil (not part of it). It's easier just to follow the aplication instructions on the website, however, I answer all e-mails to the best of my ability from all of you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 318 | From: Ormond Beach Fl | Registered: May 2002 | IP: Logged |

I've used Auto-RX in Honda PS systems with NO problems. 1 oz is enough as Rick20 says.

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
I've used Auto-RX in Honda PS systems with NO problems. 1 oz is enough as Rick20 says.

OKay, Okay, I ain't scared anymore.
grin.gif
I guess if you think about it, if you are trying to fix a leak, what's there to lose in trying. You are gonna have to replace it anyway if it doesn't stop leaking....duh

thanks terry

gebo i understand your train of thought but if it takes out my power steering pump too, i'd be in deeper s**t.

think i'm gonna try it.

im going to do it in my 91 accord as well. no problems, i just want some parts cleaned out....then ill flush it out..i know its dirty in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back