Autocraft Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know who manufactures Autocraft Batteries. I am leaning toward a DuraLast Gold from Johnson Controls as it looks identical to the DieHard Gold, and is cheaper, but I am still interested in info. on the Autocraft. No complaints on my Mopar Battery, it is now 6.5 years old so I am just researching for the not to distant future. Thanks.

I did some more searching, Autocraft is made by Johnson Controls as well-looks like they sell the same three tiers as Sears, and AZ, just Titanium instead of gold.

Advanced Auto Parts battery's do not have a nation wide warranty. THe warranty on them is regional only and some of their store will give you a lot of grief when you try to bring back a battery they did not sell you themselfs!!! They are also JUNK!!! I do not know who makes them for Advanced or the price point they specify but I see more dead Titanium and Deka brand then anything else.I know many people that have gotton the run-around from advanced when they tried to take advantage of the warranty! I would also bear in mind that just because something is made by a company does not mean that they are all the same. Manufactures will build to what ever price the purchaser is asking for!! A key example would we ASIN. ASIN is owned by Toyota they design and build transmission,transfer cas's and diff's. They build most of the transmissions for Toyota,Nissian,Isuzu etc....Generaly Toyota always specified a more expensive design then the others company's. So even though they were made by the same company their were huge differences in design and materials specified. This lead to major difference's in durability,shif feel, and how much power you could put through them.

I just put a DuraLast Gold in my new Hyundai. The original no-name factory battery was rated for 500 cranking amps @32F, and 450 at 0F, 45 minutes reserve. It was also tiny. When the defog and AC cycled on and off, the lights would flicker while the alternator came in to pick up the load.

Now, with this DuraLast Gold (which fills the tray), I get 750 CCA @0F, and 900 CA @32F, 130 minutes reserve. Now, the power windows positively race up and down the rails, the AC blows nice and hard, and running the full electrical load of the car (defog, AC, brights or fog lamps) and then running a power window doesn't drag the entire car down. Plenty of reserve to go around. The car starts better in the morning, too. Cost? $78.00 plus tax. I figure it'll save me years on my alternator. The battery Hyundai put in this car wouldn't efficiently power a garden tractor, nor would I use it for one. I should have done it the first day I had the car. When I asked at the Stealership, they said tough, that's what the factory installed, but I was welcome to put in another if I like, and so I did. Next thing they'll tell me is I violated the warranty with my "tampering".

Mutts..
crushedcar.gif

Thanks. I have always had very good luck with the Advance I frequent, and found their customer service excellent. I know the battery housing of the Autocraft Titanium does look different from that of the DL Gold & Diehard Gold--those two look identical and the recommended replacement of both shows identical specs, with the same warranty. I am really leaning toward the Duralast Gold when the purchase comes up as the everything warranty and specs is identical and it is anywhere from $25-30 cheaper than the Diehard. Thanks again.

I bought a Titanium for my Honda about 2 years ago. A few months ago I started to have some weird problems with the radio shutting off for a second and the ABS light coming on intermittently. It was traced to a bad battery.
I went back to Advance Auto and they replaced it free-of-charge since it was within the 3 year replacement guarantee.

That's the first time a battery crapped out on me. It held a full charge , though, so it was hard to track down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back