Who makes Everstart AGM batteries

I have a battery box that I'm planning to use as an off-grid power supply to run my CB radio base station as well as my laptop and some other things because I'm getting tons of radio interference from my current switching power supply. Plus the ability to have a battery backup is nice.

I'm interested in an AGM or deep cycle battery, and at $159 the Everstart group 35 AGM caught my attention.

I looked at one in the store and I don't see anything saying if it's made by Johnson Controls or Clarios but it does say made in S Korea.

Tried googling the information but not really getting a clear answer on who makes these batteries for Everstart. Does anyone here know?

I have a battery box that I'm planning to use as an off-grid power supply to run my CB radio base station as well as my laptop and some other things because I'm getting tons of radio interference from my current switching power supply. Plus the ability to have a battery backup is nice.

I'm interested in an AGM or deep cycle battery, and at $159 the Everstart group 35 AGM caught my attention.

I looked at one in the store and I don't see anything saying if it's made by Johnson Controls or Clarios but it does say made in S Korea.

Tried googling the information but not really getting a clear answer on who makes these batteries for Everstart. Does anyone here know?
Clarios does manufacture AGM automotive batteries in S. Korea.

you need to take a picture.. even between sizes it can differ.

Only a few make AGM and put about 20 brand labels on them.

Wouldn't it be easier just create a Faraday cage for the switching power supply to check the interference?

I went back to Walmart today and here's both labels on one of the AGM batteries in their entirety. Just says S Korea, no actual manufacturer named.

Attachments

• IMG_20230413_142051901.jpg
    IMG_20230413_142051901.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_20230413_142058120.jpg
    IMG_20230413_142058120.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 399
LIon need a proper charge controller. AGM and flooded lead acid do not.
Anything modern by Noco has a lithium setting and are available at any AutoZone. Victron, Tecmate, Battery Tender, Ctek, Topdon and probably dozens of others all make chargers for lithium batteries, they are not hard to find.

Stand alone chargers for LIon are easy to find but a car alternator does not have the controller for LIon. The battery would need a protection circuit.

many lithiums perform poorly in the cold so bigger is better!! most people would be better loosing some belly fat than getting lighter batteries unless professionally racing IMO!!

Back