Auto Start / Stop Defeators

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with any of the third party available devices that can be used to elminate the auto start stop feature that is found on many OEM's vehicles. I have a relative that has acquired their first vehicle with this feature and they have found it to be incredibly annoying and have asked me to find a solution to eliminate it for them. I personally have no experience with any of these devices, or the manufacturers of them.

If you are not familiar with these devices here are few links to some examples that are out there.

Thank you in advance for your replies, and I look forward to any input that you can provide.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with any of the third party available devices that can be used to elminate the auto start stop feature that is found on many OEM's vehicles. I have a relative that has acquired their first vehicle with this feature and they have found it to be incredibly annoying and have asked me to find a solution to eliminate it for them. I personally have no experience with any of these devices, or the manufacturers of them.

If you are not familiar with these devices here are few links to some examples that are out there.

Thank you in advance for your replies, and I look forward to any input that you can provide.

Thanks Clark
I can tell you all of those have been discussed on VEHICLE SPECIFIC forums. It would be nice for you to mention the vehicle involved. What I will tell you is that one of those choices draws less of a parasitic draw than the other two. If the vehicle is driven every day-it's not an issue-if it isn't then it is.
Most guys look at the price of those devices and then decide just to press the start/stop defeat button on the dash upon start up. Thats what I do on my F150. Push button start/push button on dash. It's almost automatic with me now.

The car in question is a 2018 Chevy Cruze. Thanks CKN for the reminder,

Models 2018 and Prior​

There is no way to actually disable the Auto Stop/Start feature. However, you can work around it using these steps:

1. Shift the gear into the “L” position. This places the vehicle into a manual mode.
  2. Use the +/- buttons on the gearshift to toggle the gear range (shown on the instrument panel display) up to “9” as you drive.
Now you can operate the Chevy Cruze as you normally would with the Auto Stop/Start feature turned off.

Been running the Range on my 2019 Trail boss since the truck was new. Works flawless. No more stop/start or cylinder deactivation. I do not believe there is much of any draw. My truck will sit for 2-3 weeks or more with the range plugged in and i've never had an issue. Great product.

Been running the Range on my 2019 Trail boss since the truck was new. Works flawless. No more stop/start or cylinder deactivation. I do not believe there is much of any draw. My truck will sit for 2-3 weeks or more with the range plugged in and i've never had an issue. Great product.
Cruze is not in the drop down menu under Chevrolet; I wonder why.

I've used a Kufatec module on my 2016 Golf GTD for over 5 yrs , works perfect.
Plugs into the OBD to cancel the stop start and removed after, it can also reverse the process at anytime by plugging it back in

Those auto Start/Stop decreases the life of your car's battery and starter motor and A/C (if on)

Next car I buy I will have one on hand waiting for me to install it the minute I pull into my garage on my way home from the dealership.

Last edited:
Most guys look at the price of those devices and then decide just to press the start/stop defeat button on the dash upon start up. Thats what I do on my F150. Push button start/push button on dash. It's almost automatic with me now.
Can't you permanently disable Stop Start with Forscan? Assuming that you are out of warranty...

Can't you permanently disable Stop Start with Forscan? Assuming that you are out of warranty...
It looks like Forscan, only supports Ford, Mazda, Lincoln vehicles. I will hook my scan tool up to OBDII and see if it can indeed be shut off or defeated. I doubt that it can. This particular car does not have a button that can be optionally pressed to turn it off, that is why I am looking at a third party device of some type that I can retrofit.

Back