Auto-RX Results - Part 2 - first rinse cycle pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Artem
Originally Posted By: badtlc
It is too late now, but if you really want to see how ARX helps, do before and after compression tests. I have never used ARX as a cleaner, I have only used it to restore compression in higher mileage engines and as a maintenance dose in newer engines to improve MPGs by reducing fuel usage at idle.

You're contradicting yourself in the same sentence. If you used ARX to restore compression, is it not CLEANING in order to achieve that?
33.gif

No, it is not a contradiction. I didn't use it to clean up varnish or anything that could be seen. I used it for measurable performance increases.

Originally Posted By: Artem
How would it reduce fuel usage at idle???? I'm lost.

You're right though, its way too late for compression tests as I'm currently doing a second treatment with ARX.

From what I and others have found, ARX in the oil improves sealing with the rings, improves compression and burning. The easiest way for me to verify this was with MPG readouts at idle before and after.

There is a way more extensive study out there for reduced idling fuel consumption using taxis because it was obviously a bigger money saver for a fleet of taxis. The study was posted on this site a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
The only way restored compression and thus perhaps 'minimal' fuel gains would be to assume ARx actually cleaned up some 'sticky'(read, not 'stuck?) rings.

Like to see some hard numbers b4 and after on perhaps 'known' sticky rings and see if ARx could restore compression, then again piston soaks can do this eventually perhaps!?

BTW: Nice follow up Artem!
thumbsup2.gif

From what I have found, it doesn't have to clean anything to improve compression. It improves ring seal in two of my 2.3L mazda and ford engines tested at the 15k mark on the odometer for both. I'm no tribologist so I have no idea why it does, but Terry seemed to know why. I never got the explanation out of him due to NDAs. I seriously doubt there was anything to clean but the maintenance dose did improve compression, nothing drastic but improved about 2% on average in all cylinders.

Quote:
The easiest way for me to verify this was with MPG readouts at idle before and after.

Using what equipment under exactly duplicated conditions with and without the product? How was it calibrated?
You are making these claims and dodging the questions, instead Referring to Terry and his non disclosure clause and a taxi test LOL.

You are saying that adding 4oz of ARX will lower the engines fuel consumption beyond statistical noise at idle.
I say prove it! A product that could truly do this would have customers, magazine endorsements and the manufacturers all over it especially in these times even if was only 2%.
Instead all were hear is (insert cricket chirping noise).

I don't know about your car but mine does 0 MPG sitting there idling.

Originally Posted By: Trav

I don't know about your car but mine does 0 MPG sitting there idling.

crackmeup2.gif
good one Trav

Yeah, that was funny but it is true an inconsistent idle will increase fuel consumption. That was his point I believe...but w/e. I'm skipping ARx and using Lubegard's engine oil additive with VWB next oil change! Ester/moly/phosphorous boost FTW!!!

19.gif

Yeah, that was funny but it is true an inconsistent idle will increase fuel consumption. That was his point I believe...but w/e. I'm skipping ARx and using Lubegard's engine oil additive with VWB next oil change! Ester/moly/phosphorous boost FTW!!!

19.gif

LG Biotech Engine Protectant should work well for it.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

19.gif

LG Biotech Engine Protectant should work well for it.

banana2.gif

Got a long trip coming in up a couple of weeks, will be about 5,500 miles into the current OCI on Ultra b4 the trip; so once back it'll be time for the VWB + LG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back