Auto-Rx on '02 jetta with oil consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick question for you all. I just got my bottle of Auto-Rx and will be using it when I get my oil changed next week. My jetta (just like many others) consumes about a quart every 1200 miles or so. Will this effect the auto-rx treatment? Should I just top-off the oil as I always do or will this "dilute" the auto-rx? Will the burning off of auto-rx affect the catalytic converter?
Thanks in advance.

I am not sure what your trying to accomplish? one bottle wil not do much about oil burning or sludge or cleaning an engine over 100,000 miles.Your current oil burning will not effect Auto-Rx add it to your oil and just top off oil as needed.As far as your catalytic converter is concerned Auto-Rx (even one bottle) will help take the load off your engine
making the converter more productive.Please reread Auto-Rx web site especially FAQ you can access on link right above on bitog.

Frank,

Thanks for the reply. The car only has 60K on it. I am planning on switching over to synthetic and I wanted a clean engine before I make the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back