Auto-Rx Maintenance dose smoothed out idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALS

Replaced my B230FT Volvo 4 cylinder Turbo a little over 29,000 miles ago with a Factory remanufactured unit. The engine since day one has been fed Mobil One 10W30 with zero oil usage. About eight thousand miles ago after my one year unlimited mileage warranty ran out I decided to add the recommended maintenance dose of Auto-Rx. At first I didn't notice anything different but over the last week I noticed a major change in the idle. Before the addition of the Auto-Rx my idle ran in the 900 - 950 rpm range AC on or off. It was either Friday or Saturday I pulled up to a traffic light and thought the engine had stalled.
It was so quiet and smooth I didn't think it was running. I looked at my Tach and the engine was idling in the 650 to 700 RPM range. It was probably doing this sooner but I play the stereo at elevated levels most of the time, and never noticed it before. My OCI is 4500 to 5000 miles so I am about 3500 miles into the second oil change using the Auto-Rx maintenance dosage.

[ October 18, 2004, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: ALS ]

How many miles on the old turbo before you had to replace it?

Must have been A LOT. I rarely hear of turbo failures unless of a lubrication or maintenance problem or factory defect.

Good to hear the RX worked for you, just amazing...

It really is not magic cleaning metal for decades has been the sole providence of solvents (bad for seal material and your lungs plus the enviorment)) or detergents (not natural and not enough in your oil as it could not lubricate and clean to ) the consumer had no choice that was safe-non toxic-and
performed until Auto-Rx. It works if you work it.

What product do you see with the Auto-Rx Guarantee ?

I experienced similar results, although my idle did not drop quite that far.

I'd say that, after adding Auto-RX during the cleaning phase, my engine now idles at 850 RPM rather than 900 RPM as before.

To reiterate what I stated in the Mega thread for Auto-RX, my car has been impeccably maintained with high-quality synthetic motor oil and routine maintenance.

I'm impressed with the results (smoother idle, and the end of the lifter noise which had been my purpose for trying Auto-RX in the first place.)

I'm a believer!

quote:

Originally posted by Seth_TJ:
How many miles on the old turbo before you had to replace it?

Must have been A LOT. I rarely hear of turbo failures unless of a lubrication or maintenance problem or factory defect.

The original turbo seized at 247K and the engine developed a Rod knock at 282,700 miles. The Turbo was coked up when they replaced it.
She has had 3000 OCI with dino and Volvo/Mann oil filters her whole life. I had what they called the K Block that had the small rod journals. I tried to save it with Auto-Rx but I feel it was too late. The damage had been done and when I got the compression back with the Auto-Rx so came the extra power. This motor was having issues before I used Auto-Rx, no power, blowing black smoke on acceleration and major piston slap.
The Auto-Rx fixed everything but the piston slap. It has a Saab APC unit installed that was pushing 14 psi. I'm not kind in any way I drive this car. Had I'd known about Auto-Rx a year before, that original engine may still be in my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back