Auto-RX in a Lexus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ~
I have been watching, the many posts on Auto-RX since January. So here is my story.

I get back form a 2 1/2 week vacation and after jumping my car (No problem) I find an oil spot on the garage floor. I have the car looked at and it is the Rear Main Seal !!.This all relatively soon after my switch from regular oil to Mobil 1 (104,500). I have heard this same problem with others who switched to Mobil 1, got some bad advice. My car is a 1994 with 111,000 oil ALWAYS changed @ 3,000 miles and maintained @ Lexus. I now have Valvoline Maxlife in AS WELL as Auto-RX. The Auto-RX is at 1,050 miles in the car, and I am ready to change to fresh dino Pennzoil 5W-30 (what was used int he car for many years). My question is, I am going to be out Of town for a week and the car will be sitting, would it be best for me to keep driving it with the Auto-RX till Sunday, then change the oil after I return, or will it sitting not be a problem? Any suggestions would be great!
**Love the site**
smile.gif

Thanks,
Paul

[ March 18, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: 1994 LS ]

Paul,Auto-Rx can stay in your car for as long as necessary it is the filter that must not get overfilled with "Crud" from your engine. That does not seem to be your case. You have diagnosed the cause of your leak correctly, continue on your Auto-Rx Application Program. Leave all alone till your ready.

If I may: even if the oil filter filled up/stopped up, so long as it has a bypass built into it, you'd probably never know. It would just go into "perpetual bypass" mode.

Can anyone elaborate on the leakage caused by switching to M1 or lead me to a link for explanation? I just switched to M1 10-30 from Syntec in my 98 Lexus...was this a huge mistake??
pat.gif
dunno.gif

1994LS You would know if your filter was full as it would back up and start leaking through the
valve covers. This would stop immeadiately when new filter put on. By the way after Auto-Rx cleansing your engine will run cooler as your getting total oil lubrication on every oil lubricated rotating part. By the way we only have had one person who was to cheap to put on a new filter ever back up as described above.

Audiojunkie synthetics like M1 will start to clean away 'false seals' in engines run for a long time with dino oil. The seals are hard and consequently don't seal very well. Auto-Rx cleans and rejuvenates the seals, and if not physically damaged will improve. Frank can explain better than I.

dude, lay off. You can quote the manuals and faqs all day long. There's not harm in switching back and forth between synthetic and dino oils.

--Matt

Where does this idea that the valve covers are under pressure from the oil pump come from? This is the third or forth time I have seen this idea on this site.

I know of no engine, nor can I even imagine one, where they are under pressure from the pump. And even if they were at the receiving end of the pump, what about the equal and opposite vacuum the pump is creating in the pan?

[ March 19, 2003, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: TooManyWheels ]

Audiojunkie, I would agree with sprintman,the M1 cleaned a false seal and it started to leak,given time it will probably reswell,but the Auto rx would greatly excelerate the process.

Patman your post is my question too. There are many differnernt posts on this board covering how Auto-Rx will stop oil leaks caused by seals ( not torn or ripped ) there is an application on how to do this on www.auto-rx.com you can access it by clicking link (applications ) on home page.
Malibu Auto-Rx is not an oil additive, you have
used this "Additive" description every time you mention Auto-Rx, it is misleading at best. Auto-Rx is compatible wih many fluid chemistrys as they (including oil ) are only a carrier for Auto-Rx.( Auto-Rx does not change any carrier's chemistry including oil)
Auto-Rx works on ratio's depending on the type of
application (you can go to Auto-Rx web page and click on "Proof of value" and there is a special section for Toyota V-6 Owners why don't you read that, examine the data about how Auto-Rx performed on removing "Sludge" from these engines (including one engine that had top end rebuilt by dealer and sludge srarted forming again )If anyone has a problem on how to stop oil leaks from seals e-mail @ [email protected]
Auto-Rx does not swell seals, thats not how chemistry works. Auto-Rx formulation was designed to work with both "Buna" & "Silicone" seals (and it works to stop leaks with "Dino Oil" ) Once leak is stopped you can go back to "Synthetic"
Auto-Rx works well in cleansing application with "Synthetic Oil" Hope this helps.

quote:

Auto-Rx does not swell seals, thats not how chemistry works.

Then how does it work???
confused.gif
I would guess that it either has to swell seals, or build up a layer of crud around them if it is going to stop a leak.

From what I gather, leaks can be caused by contaminants logdged in the seal and sludge/varnish buildup on the surface. This is where auto-rx can help. I think it basically pulls all the contaminants and abrasives out of the seal and cleans it so you are back down to the rubber surface. Since most(all?) esters also, I think, soften seals (not swell than can cause damage), that helps it conform to the surface better as well. I'm not entirely sure why dino must be used, but I guess it would help the seal return to its normal state after being softened by the esters.

That being said Auto-RX didn't seem to have helped any of my leaks. Some may have slowed down slightly but not a huge difference.

[ March 19, 2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Jason Troxell ]

Jason-
What kind Of vehicle do you have? and what are the miles, I hope that my Lexus Seals up when I Get back and change the oil from my Auto-RX treatment (crossing fingers)
Thanks,
Paul

Auto-Rx and seal leaks you use "Dino" oil only when you start treatment to stop seal leaks 'Application Instructions' found on www.auto-rx.com on home page - just scroll down and click on rear main seal leaks. That said, lets make sure there is no confusion. Auto-Rx does not swell seals they make them flabby so Auto-Rx can clean behind the seals (its the dirt, abrasives, etc. behind the seals that cause them to swell and leak in the first place. The petrol chemistry of "Dino" oil hardens the seal to fit against metal. After the application is done continue to use "Dino" oil for up to 3000 miles, it could take that long to stop seal leak. When leak is stopped you can go back to any oil synthetic or not as you choose. Nothing repairs ripped or torn seals except a tear down.

[ March 26, 2003, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Frank ]

I have a '89 BMW 325is with 173k miles now. The front main, rear tranny output, and diff side seals are leaking slighty. The diff and tranny seals were actually replaced about 6yrs ago.

I have heard more success stories than not so I think you will have good luck with it. I am not trying to say AutoRX does not work when I say it did not stop my leaks. It seems to have slowed them a bit at least. Only a drop a night from enigine and trans, and no more drops from diff, just seepage. And I know it did clean...it was quite obvious even just looking under the valve cover.

this page to someone!
Author Topic: How To Stop Oil Seal Leaks With Auto-Rx
Frank

Member # 34

posted March 22, 2003 09:01 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Numerous questions are posted on this subject. In the interest of "doing it right" this is how.

Subject: Rear Main Seal Leak - Dino oil (non-synthetic) is best to work with stopping oil leaks. True synthetics have such a complex additive package that Auto-Rx expends a lot more energy getting space on the metal to clean the "Crud" out of your engine, and we want to clean your engine AND STOP SEAL LEAK ( if not ripped or torn ). If you were just cleaning the engine and no seal leaks, type of oil would not be a consideration.

Recommendations - Change to Dino Oil and new filter, add full bottle of Auto-Rx to the Dino and drive 750 miles. Change oil and filter (still use dino oil and change and drive ( just with clean oil and new filter ) at least 1500 miles, maybe to 3000 seal leak will stop, sometime in this time frame.Engine over 100,000 miles you will need two Auto-Rx Applications. Second application to start after 1500 miles of using only Dino oil

How does it work - Auto-Rx is a non hazardous -non solvent metal cleaner which does NOT SWELL SEALS, it makes seals "flabby" so it can clean back side of seal material and metal where seal snugs up to. Your clean Dino Oil uses petrochemical properties to harden seal just enough to adhere to metal. When your seal leak stops you can go back to your favorite oil with no problem. Contact me by e-mail [email protected] if you have any questions
Frank Miller co-inventor

RE: Jason Troxell Post Above.My public apology,
Jason got convulded application instructions from me (the inventor )and did a rather splendid job
in using Auto-Rx in spite of this. We now have easy to read and follow "Application Instructions" on the home page of www.auto-rx.com
for engines and www.autoi-rx.net for transmissions. We get we-mails all the time asking if a double dose of Auto-Rx will work quicker ( it won't ) FAQ Sheets on both sites should help greatly in answering your questions.
Auto-Rx has some very good admin help now so I hope to make sure my answers do not become convuluded again. Auto-Rx works as represented on web sites we guarantee that
Sorry Jason

LarryD
Member # 313

posted April 01, 2003 11:28 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
digitaldrifter:
It's hard to tell on the internet who people are and why they do things, but your posts seem to add confusion where none existed before. The last thing this fine board needs is yet another Auto-RX "expert". We have Frank and several of his associates who provide accurate information in order to clarify issues. Your post above in which you assemble prior threads will surely provide information overload for someone just wanting a simple answer.

LarryD
EmissionMasters.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back