Auto-RX in 3.0L Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
changed oil filter today at 3571 miles to fram tough guard. Also changed fuel filter to wix. Drove around 30 miles after, and I think there is less vibration on idle through steering wheel. I beliave due fuel filter change.vibration id little more than on my dad's 06 truck, which always was taken care of. Added tube of Moly to the tranny on that truck.
next is tranny oil change on my camry plus moly, left over of moly will go to trucks differencial. Then last oil filter change on the first oci with Arx. May get old rabbit convertible next week, as summer car, to play with, fix it up and enjoy it. Always liked older rabbits mk1,2 then golfs 4 and 6. Dreaming about diesel swap to cabrio, never seen one done.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
Originally Posted By: chucky2
Oil saver?
Lubro Moly "Oil saver"
Product Features

* Reduces oil consumption via the piston rings and valve guides
* Prevents blue, smoky exhaust fumes
* Prevents leaks due to leaks at elastomeric seals
* Regenerates engine seals made of plastic and rubber
* Prevents pollution of the environment due to oil dripping from the engine

I'd be leery of running that while going through an Auto-RX Clean or Rinse phase (I'd even wait 3,000 mi or so until after last Auto-RX Rinse phase is done to absolutely ensure there'd be no issues). Auto-RX is supposed to soften the seals so the oil can clean them, if you're adding that on top of Auto-RX, who knows what the results will be.

Chuck

Oil saver?
Lubro Moly "Oil saver"
Product Features

* Reduces oil consumption via the piston rings and valve guides
* Prevents blue, smoky exhaust fumes
* Prevents leaks due to leaks at elastomeric seals
* Regenerates engine seals made of plastic and rubber
* Prevents pollution of the environment due to oil dripping from the engine

I'd be leery of running that while going through an Auto-RX Clean or Rinse phase (I'd even wait 3,000 mi or so until after last Auto-RX Rinse phase is done to absolutely ensure there'd be no issues). Auto-RX is supposed to soften the seals so the oil can clean them, if you're adding that on top of Auto-RX, who knows what the results will be.

Chuck

Agreed. At the very least wait until the final A-Rx rinse phase is complete.

Just a little update: changed filter last week at 4500 was fram tough guard, now stp.
Topping of with 20w50 supertech for right now. Looks like it burns it less. Also changed gearbox oil to Lubro Moly full syntech,with couple of moly tubes additives. Shifts better, but not as good as in my Dad's truck.

plans for future: follow Arx recomendations, using Lubro Moly 10w40 with actual moly in it. Powerfoam at next oil change. After Arx done, use 1qt of mystery oil, with 10w60 lubro Moly syntec, that should be a bulletbroof oil. Flush after that oci with kreen, then flush at every change with Lubro Moly proline flush. Probably will at Ceratech after kreen flush.
supertech if top off will be neded

after arx done 10k runs with 2 bosh filters, 10w60 Lubro Moly oil. If change time close to winter, 0w40, or 5w50 molygen, toxic green looking oil if I bring it from europe.

Not sure,all listed chemical above should clean.
Just got misfire today, not really bad, but annoying. And it does drop rpms sometimes, just started today.
No engine light or anything on my scanner. Probably one of the spark plugs is foiled, due oil burning issue.
Suxx because, got finals to do, and I replaced plugs to NGK Iridium this fall.
Will check front ones first, try to clean it, then back ones(hard to reach). If not gonna help, will probably just put in chepo copper plugs.

Originally Posted By: electrolover
is it cleaning up at all?

Will see when I drain oil, right now mileage is 4800, not so long till 5500. Then future ocis during ARX 3000 miles.

Not sure,all listed chemical above should clean.
Just got misfire today, not really bad, but annoying. And it does drop rpms sometimes, just started today.
No engine light or anything on my scanner. Probably one of the spark plugs is foiled, due oil burning issue.
Suxx because, got finals to do, and I replaced plugs to NGK Iridium this fall.
Will check front ones first, try to clean it, then back ones(hard to reach). If not gonna help, will probably just put in chepo copper plugs.

those cheapo bosch platinum plugs (singles) are good in an oil burner

fixed misfire yesterday... Oh, man! Never seen so foiled, dirty plugs.I put in new plugs 4 month ago. I started checking from the front of engine.Cylinder 1,3,6. For some reason I started form right to left, from cylinder 6. Cylinder 6, normal foiling something like in teapot after boiling water, cyl 3 plug, was little dirty and oily, cleaned it. Thought maybe that what it was. But decided to check cyl 1, and... I was in shock... It was all covered kinda sludge looking stuff,+ hardened black and then same stuff like in teapot underneath. Cleaned it for about 20 min, with maf sensor cleaner,alcohol, and knocked off hardened stuff with little screw driver. Put it back, all works perfect, I think rpms on idle are little higher, than before.Here is the picture:
221123_2034109612403_1234067970_32530282_1105292_o.jpg

Looks like cheamicals are working and [censored] comes out. I mean all of them,fuel system cleaners, valve cleaners, seafoam...

Awesome, nice good job. I'll be replacing my plugs later and didn't have an engine in the shape of this one when I began getting it's maintenance caught up.

I'd probably replace all of those plugs eventually if it were me; especially if you check the others and notice similar conditions. This, of course, is most important after you believe most of the gunk is gone for good. It makes sense if the firing order starts with cylinder 1. You could always pull it back out in 3 months, if you do go ahead and replace it.

JMO.
thumbsup2.gif

wow thats the worst plug i have seen! i hope its a good thing and it means your engine is cleaning up and not that the rings are shot. keep up with the gas adds like seafoam, regain and techron and see what happens.

cant wait for the pics of the used oil!!

I found some Shell V-power cleaner for 2 bucks at Biglots(used 3 bottles), then couple bottles of different cleaners, a bottle of Lubro moly Venti Sauber (Valve cleaner). Trying to use only Shell V-Power 93 octane gas. Well yesterday prices and no discounts made me fill up with shell 87. When I get 50c a gallon discount I put in Speedway gas.
Yeah, I want to see drained oil too. Maybe will drain it earlier, since I will not have a lot of free time during summer...

Also will stop buy at Walmart and get bunch of Supertech filters, Looks like it does not make any sense to spent more for 1000 miles filter swaps.

Just bought all supertech filters they had, 6, and 2 frams. Still have 1 fram. That should be enough for ARX chemical therapy course.

Just picked up Mobil Delvac 1300 15w-40 for make up oil, it was on sale for 9.83 a gallon. Current make up oil is Supetech 20w-50.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back