Auto-RX flush oil recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have using ARX in all 4 vehicles the family has entrusted me to maintain. Three Saabs and mu wife's 97 740IL BMW. I am using Rotella T synthetic as the flush oil as it was recommended as a ggod oil to use with a turbo. Having read all that I can find here I noticed that Rotella has a high detergent package. My question is would that oil even in the non synthetic version for the Bmw (non turbo) be a good oil to use as the flush? My thinking is the added detergent action will help with the cleaning.

Thanks

Tom
Cape Cod

No because rinse oil your considering using has synthetic esters as part of the additive package there job is to hold the oil to the metal. Thats fine after you have cleaned your engine.

You want to use a non synthetic oil to rinse with for 2000 miles than go back to any oil you wish.The non synthetic oil has no additive package or mission to bind oil to metal. It will just rinse all the contamianants off which is what you want. Please review www.auto-rx.com and read application for your engine. ps Non synthetic oil will not harm your engine your only driving 2000 miles.pps. Auto-Rx is a metal cleaner , Draino is a flush

quote:

Originally posted by 92FXR:
Hi,
I have using ARX in all 4 vehicles the family has entrusted me to maintain. Three Saabs and mu wife's 97 740IL BMW. I am using Rotella T synthetic as the flush oil as it was recommended as a ggod oil to use with a turbo. Having read all that I can find here I noticed that Rotella has a high detergent package. My question is would that oil even in the non synthetic version for the Bmw (non turbo) be a good oil to use as the flush? My thinking is the added detergent action will help with the cleaning.

Thanks

Tom
Cape Cod

so you have beed useing a synthetic as a flush on 3 of the cars ..do I have that right ??

so you are going to have to drain that oil and put in regular dino oil STILL to flush out the ARX and any contaminants that might be inside!

HELLO!!

Rotella "Synthetic" is a Group III oil, NOT a true synthetic.

I think Frank misunderstood that fact, in his comments above. At the ARX forum, Rotella "Synthethic" was specifically approved for use as a flush oil.

Use it without fear.
wink.gif

If the purchaser has already made the effor to buy the AutoRX and run the clean phase, they should have already figured out that dino oil is the only oil to use for the rinse phase. I think a lot of people are just being plain dumb, and already know the instructions.

Rotella T Synthetic was reccommended as a good oil to use as a flush in our turbo Saabs on the ARX website. It was explained to me that as it was a Group III it did not contain the esters that competed with ARX esters. Frank, did I get this right, or are you now saying this was bad advice.

Tom

Molacule has already stated that all synthetics (including gr.III's) contain esters. If you want to use do it right, use a dino (why waste the good synth anyway) such as Castrol 15-40 for eg. in the BMW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back