Australian Rack of Lamb from LIDL

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Super easy to make meal. The rack of lamb was from Australia. The rack was double vacuum sealed. The hardest part of the entire meal was getting the inner vacuum pack off the bones. All ingredients were from LIDL, including fresh French cut green beans and Knorr (processed) cheddar cheese rice total for everything under $25.

Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees Faren height. Remove the rack from the packing. Wash the rack under cold water and pat dry. Cover the rack with a very light coat of olive oil. Pepper, lightly salt, and cover in herbs of choice. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn rack over, cook another ten minutes. Pull out of the oven, and let rest on a cutting board for ten. Finish side dish preparations while the rack is resting on the cutting board.

PXL_20220306_225922486.jpg
PXL_20220306_225938897.jpg
PXL_20220306_231951410.jpg
PXL_20220306_232030853.jpg
PXL_20220306_232156296.jpg

Last edited:
Those look delicious GON, but I haven't eaten lamb since probably 1982 or so. Did not like it then, but should try again. Tastes change.

I grew up in rural Iowa. My Dad had sheep. I got about 12 head of them, after moving to an acreage, to keep weeds down.

One year, Dad got one butchered. No idea on the age or gender. I fried up some sheep-burger's in a pan one night, that he gave us. My God, what a smell and I could not eat it. Read afterwards, it should be cooked at low heat, not a sizzling hot fry pan. Might have been an old Ram, who knows? :sick:

Yours looked very good! I need to try it again, but have been scared, because of that one time experience.

That does look good but I never cared for lamb. The only thing I would do different is use a rack. When ever I cook a large piece of meat in the oven I always put it on a rack to keep it out of the juices.

I use something similar to this.

Reactions: GON
Back