Australian Anti-Gun Lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, your comment sounds just like Dubya; foolish and divorced from reality. As to the Australian situation, it sounds like your people need to band together and get your government to change the laws. I din;t know how they'd do it, but there has to be some lawful method.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2cool
Actually, your comment sounds just like Dubya; foolish and divorced from reality. As to the Australian situation, it sounds like your people need to band together and get your government to change the laws. I din;t know how they'd do it, but there has to be some lawful method.

State Police Commissioner on T.V. tonight (same bloke who introduced the ammo laws that he said wouldn't work), stating that:
* there are no handgun manufacturers in Australia, and therefore every handgun in the country was an import;
* that guns are stolen every day from security guards (yep, they hand over their guns instead of defend themselves every time...actually true), individuals (including media magnates) and gun clubs...(no mention of the container load of Police Glocks on the train, or the other Police armories that get swapped for drugs).
* Ad the above should be very clear to the Federal Government who control imports.

listening to the radio this morning, and Oz' most wanted man, who has been on the run for 7 years, living off the land, and occasionally shooting Police is reported to have stolen a high powered semi automatic rifle (description on the radio), that was unsecured at a residence, where he also stole unsecured food and clothing.

TV news showed the high powered semi automatic to be as per here

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/n...le/2485400.aspx

Renewing calls for semi auto bans (only farmers can have them), and demonstrating that owners can't keep them safe.

Maybe the citizens of Australia should support the man and overthrow the tyranny of their politicians. Just a thought.

Around here everything is an "assault" something or other.

It takes too long to say "high powered semi automatic rifle".

Will the farmer go to jail for having that .22 stolen?

I keep hearing "military style automatic rifle" on the news and less and less of "assault" rifle. When one term becomes too common to scare people....change the terminology.

Originally Posted By: Win
Will the farmer go to jail for having that .22 stolen?

Seen first hand what happens when a firearm gets stolen.

Former President of our rifle club "allowed" (word off the charge sheet) two target rifles to be stolen from a caravan at a competition...rifles only, bolts and ammo were in his car with him and his wife out to dinner.

Licence immediately revoked, and the Police went to confiscate all of his firearms (His solicitor negotiated that his gunsmith could take posession).

Missed a competition in the UK while they were working him over.

Attended court on 11 separate charges, each possibly 2 years jail, and $10,000 fine.

Judge within the first minutes declared that he did everything "reasonably" doable when away at a shoot (i.e. he couldn't install a 330lb safe, nor bolt the case to the floor or joists with 4 min 1/2" fasteners), and rejected the case outright.

Then ordered the Police to pay costs (immensely rare down here), and made a recommendation to th Commissioner to re-instate his licence (no dice, he had to re-apply, then they wanted to charge him $75 per permit to get his guns back...but relented.).

Bloke "allowing" his "semi-auto" rifle to be stolen by #1 in the state is going to go a row of brick dunnies.

Since when is a .22 gopher popper a "high powered semi-automatic" rifle? What would they call a .308, a big-bore anti-tank assault weapon? I can't even imagine a .50 cal......

what about our homeland security department ordering 450 million rounds of ammo and not like the kind used for practice, looks like they are getting ready for civil riots and declare marshall law .. this way there would be no reason for a election. enough ammo to shot every man and woman and child in the us.. what gives?

Originally Posted By: mcshooter
what about our homeland security department ordering 450 million rounds of ammo and not like the kind used for practice, looks like they are getting ready for civil riots and declare marshall law .. this way there would be no reason for a election. enough ammo to shot every man and woman and child in the us.. what gives?

06shoot0402-pg-horizontal.jpg

Happened in Oakland the other day. Close to Walmart where I get oil. Across the Freeway from the Oakland Raiders home field.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
The anti's are working on the .50s.

"What legal reason do people have for an anti tank rifle ?"

Until the introduction of the 338 Lapua the 50 was the priemer ultra long range target rifle. Now IMO, the 338 Lapua is the priemer ultra long range rifle.

Both the 50 and 338 Lapua are ultra high power. Where would you cutoff the allowable muzzle energy? Or would you just ban the 50 for the sake of it being a 50?

Also, the 50 is not an "antitank" weapon. There are AP rounds for it which will penetrate a specified amount of specified material at a given distance. But AP rounds are also available for the 338 Lapua, 7.62 NATO and even the SS109 for 5.56 NATO, as well as others.

Rhetorical questions escape some...

"The Antis" are working on 50 cal at the moment, using the emotional argument of anti tank weaponry rather than the fact that it's simply gun, controlled by a person.

They had another win on Tuesday, my state passed legislation that you can only buy ammunition in calibres that are registered to your name...

If I borrow a mates .30-30 (entirely legal), I can't buy the ammo for it, as the gun isn't registered in my name, and I don't have a .30-30.

Have no idea how they are going to implement it, but you can bet that it will include recording all ammunition sales.

And the gun violence continues every day, 300 .40 Glocks being siezed last year, when no Aussie has ever been able to buy one legally...

anti's have NO respect to any and all rights aka police state in the works -state eating itself ...as for violence ,a break down of morals and respect of others -a failing state ...

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Rhetorical questions escape some...

"The Antis" are working on 50 cal at the moment, using the emotional argument of anti tank weaponry rather than the fact that it's simply gun, controlled by a person.

When is the last time an Australian citizen shot an Australian tank with a 50 cal weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back