Audi owners, what brand & type oil are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Johnny248
This is totally wrong, but we have an '08 beetle with the 2.5l Audi engine in it. It leaks so much oil that I can't get through a change interval without a couple extra quarts. I'm to the point where I buy 2Gal jugs of SuperTech 15w40 to keep it full without going broke. At this point, if they engine fails because I'm not using VW/Audi oil, I don't even care. It would be one less [censored] car that I need to worry about lol.

Audi 2.5l engine? That engine was used in VW, not Audi.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
This is totally wrong, but we have an '08 beetle with the 2.5l Audi engine in it. It leaks so much oil that I can't get through a change interval without a couple extra quarts. I'm to the point where I buy 2Gal jugs of SuperTech 15w40 to keep it full without going broke. At this point, if they engine fails because I'm not using VW/Audi oil, I don't even care. It would be one less [censored] car that I need to worry about lol.

the 2.5 5-cylinder was used on a Audi, the TT-RS, where it took the block and boosted the motor.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
Originally Posted By: edyvw

the 2.5 5-cylinder was used on a Audi, the TT-RS, where it took the block and boosted the motor.

Did not know they were using that block.

. . . we have an '08 beetle with the 2.5l Audi engine . . . It leaks so much oil that I can't get through a change interval without a couple extra quarts. . . .

First (so as not to jump the thread) I, too, would choose Castrol 0W-40, if for no other reason than that's what V-Dub is recommending these days.

Next, Johnny, since you know your engine is leaking oil to beat the band, I have to ask: Is it not possible to replace the offending gaskets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back