Audi A4 oil leaks

Noticing some oil leaks in the garage on our 2005 Audi A4 B6 3.0 with 175,000 km. Opened the hood and noticed that there is some sweating near oil filler cap, leak near the front left valve cover bolt and also sweating on the oil filter. I took and removed the oil cap and noticed some condensation under the cap, which is unusual give it is summer now.

This appears to me like a bad PCV/ crankcase vent valve causing oil to be pushed out past the seals. I would rather replace it than try and clean it given age of the car. Dealer wants close to $200 for the valve. Rock Auto has a few available, but not sure which would be best? I generally stay away from URO parts based on past reputation but there is also a SKP and Standard Motor Products. Anyone have success with any of these brands?

Standard is fine, for these it is not uncommon to find the original part in the box.
Stay away from that URO crap at all cost, its the worst junk on the market.

Commonly there is the oil filter housing gasket, cooler in the V, and front/rear main seals on those. If the PCV is bad youll have vacuum at the oil cap, it wouldnt force anything out past the seals unless it was under boost pressure, common failure on the 2.0ts which ruins the rear main seals.

Commonly there is the oil filter housing gasket, cooler in the V, and front/rear main seals on those. If the PCV is bad youll have vacuum at the oil cap, it wouldnt force anything out past the seals unless it was under boost pressure, common failure on the 2.0ts which ruins the rear main seals.

Went out and ran the engine while removing the oil cap and there was lots of vacuum. Will go ahead and replace the PCV valve.

Back