ATF: Amsoil Signature vs Toyota WS vs Idemitsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Amsoil fuel efficient blue bottle says it's compatible with WS.

I just did a fluid drain and fill with amsoil at 60k for my lexus and the shifting is so smooth. So happy with amsoil.

I cringe everytime I see that mentioned
1656772389727.jpg

The Amsoil fuel efficient blue bottle says it's compatible with WS.

I just did a fluid drain and fill with amsoil at 60k for my lexus and the shifting is so smooth. So happy with amsoil.
Yep Amsoil works great in WS applications.
incorrect
Is this the part were you just invent some issues people have had with Amsoil ATF?

my next atf change will probably be idemitsu... amsoil makes good stuff, but some transmissions are finicky and don't like generic fluid (curse you jatco) so it's idemitsu or Mitsubishi fluid, other fluid says it meets Mitsubishi spec but it says that about every other spec, and some people have problems with generic fluid. iirc aisin transmissions will work with any fluid, the question is how long it'll last with different fluid. send it with amsoil or idemitsu and don't worry about it

AAmy next atf change will probably be idemitsu... amsoil makes good stuff, but some transmissions are finicky and don't like generic fluid (curse you jatco) so it's idemitsu or Mitsubishi fluid, other fluid says it meets Mitsubishi spec but it says that about every other spec, and some people have problems with generic fluid. iirc aisin transmissions will work with any fluid, the question is how long it'll last with different fluid. send it with amsoil or idemitsu and don't worry about it
I've been using Amsoil ATF on/off 20 years in my Mitsu requiring SP3. Highly recommend. Idemitsu is great too.

Although; OEM is always safe bet.

what mitsu do you have? some transmissions are more fluid tolerant than others, and some universal fluids work while some don't. i haven't found much data on which fluids cause shuddering in the monteros, everyone just says to use factory fluid from the dealership

ok, it's an aisin transmission. i have the jatco v5a51, which has more fluid related problems. thanks for the data though.

my next atf change will probably be idemitsu... amsoil makes good stuff, but some transmissions are finicky and don't like generic fluid (curse you jatco) so it's idemitsu or Mitsubishi fluid, other fluid says it meets Mitsubishi spec but it says that about every other spec, and some people have problems with generic fluid. iirc aisin transmissions will work with any fluid, the question is how long it'll last with different fluid. send it with amsoil or idemitsu and don't worry about it
Does the Idemitsu fluid have any licenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back