ARX rinse cycle - LC question

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're about 1500 miles into the rinse cycle. Not sure it was worth doing the ARX treatment, engine seemed pretty clean (Honda @40K miles), but did it anyway, can't hurt.

Is it ok to add some LC at this point? Will it interfere with the rinse? Thanks, Steve

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:
I would wait until after the rinse cycle is finished. They are 2 different chemistries, and the effects of mixing the 2 are unknown.

Not really, Terry has posted a uoa of redline with LC and ARX.

That doesn't mean Terry condones, endorses, or suggests the mixing of the two. I for one have a huge supply of A-RX as well as LC, and he suggested (Terry can clarify / elaborate when he gets the time) to me that I NOT mix them.
FWIW
Regards
Rob

LC and ARX are soluble in one another, but due to the different chemistries involved, I would let ARX do its thing and then later use LC for maintenance doses.

You can and won't see any problems arise from the procedure BUT as the other posters have alluded to I don't know what affect the LC has on the cleaning capability of RX.

I was testing the RX as a liquid filter with a LC treated lubricant ( redline) and saw some success doing that. But I was not looking for continued cleaning.

In this case I suggest waiting for the rinse cycle to be completed then use the LC as an anti oxidant for the fresh oil. I'll guarantee your ring pack is cleaner whether you can see the gunk or not.

Terry

Thanks friends. Just finished ARX rinse cycle this week, 2000 miles, changed, put in some 132 and LC with Pennzoil dino 5W-20. Will do a UOA on this cycle when it's time to change again.

confused.gif
I just bought LC & FP and I,m sure it tells you but I haven't seen it, do you have to use a petroleum based oil or blend to use the product effectivly.Does LC in any way add too or change the additive package.The same question with SCHAEFFER 132. I take it these are products that work independent of the oil. Perhaps something that should be used as needed instead of on a regular basis. Thanks for the Info.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back