ARX 5000 mi oci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to
18.gif
Is there any reason why one couldn't run ARX a full 5k OCI?

Running our three vehicles 10,000kms (6,200 miles) OCI this time. If you have a 'dirty' engine I'd keep a close eye on the filter. For me it's ear not eye as the Mazda in particular gets very noisy when the filter is blocked with crud.

They are well maintained engines so i don't think there is really any sludge. Just making sure thinks are nice and spiffy inside. 2007 Toy FJ cruiser and 2000 Toy Avalon.

Just use non ester/PAO oil and run it 6,000 or more miles. And none of this 'looking under the valve cover' [censored] that permeates this board. If you can do a before/after compression test. Good luck..s

I use it for a full 5,000 miles (give or take a few hundred). No problems what so ever.

IMO unless a car is known to be really gummed up that would be my instructions. 5,000 miles

Originally Posted By: Not the Autorx Frank
awesome, I guess the real OCI limitation would be the capacity of the filter to hold the gooo?

The oil filter can hold so much. If the engine is filthy ... even the Amsoil EaO filter has it's limitation.

I'll be dead serious as I used the Amsoil HDD 5w-30(with ARX) and my engine saw but Amsoil 1,000 - 120,000 miles. My engine was very clean(I'm anal) but from design issues I developed a slight sluggishness and wanted that corrected.

I ran ARX for 8,000 miles and looking back it may not have been necessary but I'm not the one to say it just happened maybe I was clumsy. I don't thing I would have run that many miles on a dirty engine(an oil filter is small because of more efficient engines developed). None the less the oil filter in the cleaning phrase was very heavy, very noticeable. The rinse phrase zip there was nothing. On my next run with Amsoil with the EaO filter after 12,000 miles again the filter had zip nothing in it.

I did my one time treatment with ARX and I appreciate what the product has done for my engine. The engine is back what it had originally been on Amsoil with the EaO filter for 12,000 miles yearly.

Also wanted to state that ARX did something, I have restored engine response and it's quite evident that cleaning did occur.

A R/X dissolves the carbon and no matter what oil is used there is always carbon buildup in the piston rings due to the combustion and free rings seal better.

Besides being a very impressive product for cleaning transmissions, I think cleaning of the ring packs in one of ARX's best attributes. Most of my engines are already fairly clean as it is,but as steve points out pretty much any engine will accumulate some carbon sticking issues in the rings regardless of oil type.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AzFireGuy79
Besides being a very impressive product for cleaning transmissions, I think cleaning of the ring packs in one of ARX's best attributes. Most of my engines are already fairly clean as it is,but as steve points out pretty much any engine will accumulate some carbon sticking issues in the rings regardless of oil type.

I would say I agree 100% with AzFireGuy79's statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back