Armorall Car Wash Wipes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me make this clear....as a former professional detailer, I am NOT going to tout this product as a "miracle cure". But my 1st experience with it was a pleasant suprise so I thought I'd share. Here's the senario....7:30am Sunday morning, 34f outside, my Volvo 240 is an absolute mess and I'm attending a Volvo club meet at 11am. I go to a local self-carwash only to find the foaming brushes frozen up and not functioning. I use the high pressure sprayer and get most of the major crud off of it. I chamois it off and it now looks cleaner, but still covered in a haze and water-spotted. Its too cold to wax or polish and I didn't have enough time even if it was warm outside. Take a trip to Wallyworld, buy Armorall Car Wash Wipes, drive around to the back of the store where I could find some shade, and start wipin'. WOW!! I gave this car a 2 step waxing in August and these wipes really helped bring that streak-free shine back. Granted, I'm not expecting any long term benefits from them, but they did provide nice results in a pinch.

As both someone who has actually used these things, and as an experienced detailer, I was wondering if these things struck you as simply being disposable wipes soaked in detailing spray? For the life of me, that's what they sound like! I've been tempted on occasion to try them, but I kept going back to "why bother?" since I already have a load of detailing spray and MF towels....

Glad they worked for you, although I'd be hesitant to use them on a car that was very dirty.

Well, I'm not really sure what they're soaked in. All I know is that I usually laugh at products like this, but they did work exceptionally well under the circumstances. The reason I haven't taken this product seriously in the past is the name, "Car Wash Wipes". I mean who seriously would buy these things with the intension of "washing" a muddy, crusty car?? The sad part of that question is the reality of the answer because I'm sure someone, somewhere has tried.
nono.gif

I've not seen the product that you are referring to, but owning a car that was owned by a smoker, I thought that their glass cleaning wipes would be a good idea.

Bad thought. Streaks, smears, and home to some methylated spirits and a scrunched newspaper.

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:
Bad thought. Streaks, smears, and home to some methylated spirits and a scrunched newspaper.

The best thing I have found for cleaning my car windows is Invisible Glass made by Stoner. This stuff works fantastic.

I do not use the Armorall exterior detailing wipes. I have used their interior wipes. They do a descent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back